Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
And also they should know 200 bucks for a chain is well worth it not a 40 dollar chain trust me on my old cbr 1000 I went cheap and almost lost my motor like you 3N I pay the money for D.I.D. Gold series x-ring chain all day every day and plus they last for a good amount of time ;)

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
They just dont get it. I was trying to tell a kid this last week, that one who wanted to use two master links because he cut the chain too short. :headshake even with the rivet masterlink , that masterlink is the weakest spot in your chain. The chances of a rivet style breaking are far less, if you install them correctly. My biggest advice is take your time, measure twice cut once on the chain. And buy a damn chain breaker/riveter. They arent that expensive

·
Dem Broncos!!!
5,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Great post! I've always used kerosene and a toothbrush to clean my chains, then compressed air to clear out and residue. I use Dupont's "Chain Saver" wax to pin-point the application on every link plate. After it's dry, it will not fling-off.

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Just run it until it breaks and frags the engine. Don't you know these bikes are worn out if they have over 10k on the clock? Perfect excuse for a new engine. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
8,751 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
RK and Motion Pro both have good chain tools for less than $70. Much cheaper than new cases! Rivet master links are the only way to go on a sportbike, clip-type links are for dirt bikes.

·
Registered
8,551 Posts
While we are here, How does this sprocket look? I have a little slop on the chain, but haven't had the chance to clean it up yet.
SANY1129.jpg

·
Registered
8,551 Posts
K7 750 with 17-18k street miles. I ride it whenever I can (Commute, errands, anything). Stock chain and sprockets. I've checked the chain and it is fine, but this story made me second guess that with the miles I have.

I went to the track twice last year, it was with a training group and I was in the beginner class. 2014 though I plan on hitting the track more! It is a blast!!!!!

21 - 40 of 59 Posts