Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been a change to the July 23rd Mt. Rainier ride. Because the roads on the mountain it’s self is at only 30MPH and the roads are not the best on the mountain for motorcycles. I have changed the route by the suggestion of another rider. He rides this route weekly, and says it is a very good route.

I also changes the meeting place to Hinshaw’s Motorcycle Store, Auburn.. but for the riders coming from the South Sound, we can meet up in Puyallup at the South Hill Mall behind Krispy Kreams, on Meridian St. in South Hill off of 5-12 HW from there we can ride to Hinshaw’s together to meet the riders from the north end.

Hinshaw’s Motorcycle Store, 1611 West Valley Highway Auburn, WA 98011.
http://www.hinshawsmotorcyclestore.com/

The Meeting time at Krispy Kreams will be 12:00pm sharp for the south Sound riders,
And we will ride to Hinshaw to meet the other riders and start our ride from there at 1:00-1:15pm
A picture of the map or our route, and also a new set of riding guidelines will be posted. I hope all who has committed to the mountain ride is still on for this ride. I feel it is the better route for us to take.

As always you can reach me at [email protected] or PM me. I am working this on multiple forums to get a large number of riders gathered .
Like I said I am working this from over seas so please forgive me for having to change this route, and if I have caused any confusion or disappointment.

To those who have friends that were going to join our Mt. Rainier ride, please inform them of the route change.
Thanks to the people who has helped me out in organizing this Spirit Ride, and has giving their time to help me with things. Thanks you
Please come out and ride with us, I post it this early because I want a good turn out.

“On the route...Green Valley is a smooth road....good speeds.... The whole route is smooth roads and about the same speeds. “good Speeds” It is about a 100 mile route if you leave from Hinshaw’s (good meeting place) and take somewhere around an hour and a half or so. It is a great ride...highly recommend it!” from a fellow rider. Jay B

If enough people are still up for it, we still can eat out at an Ihop or something, just to hang out..

I check the forums almost daily for replies.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I have posted this ride on 5 other sportbike sites, I hope a good number of riders will ride it with me, It is a way to meet new people, 27 people said they will go with me, as of today...

This is just like a heads up, I want to give people time to schedule for this ride. All types of bikes will be there

·
Registered
44 Posts
is this still happening for sure? haven't heard anything in a while, prolly be a good idea to send out pm reminders or email reminders. can't wait to see all the bikes i've never seen more than 10 together, and never rode with more than 2 others.

·
Registered
997 Posts
ZukRider said:
is there any one here that is up for this ride? I know someone has to be up for it, from this site
Hey man, I was up for the ride to mountain, but after you changed it, I don't know. I live in Enumclaw and work in Seattle area. I'm taking at least half of this route every day. I just don't wanna ride that same route and also I don't think it's even that good as your friend said. I personaly think this whole route is made for choppers. :D . Anyway I still may come, and if not, you guys have nice ride :thumbup:

·
Registered
44 Posts
who cares? there should be over 20 sportbikes cruising together tomorrow. i can't even imagine how cool it's gonna look.

have you been through mt. rainier before? the turns are awesome but there is sometimes traffic, always gravel and rocks, and if you go over a guardrail (which i don't plan on doing) there are places with 300 foot drops. it just seems dangerous and who knows what squids are gonna show up.

come on the ride tomorrow, you'll have good company so it'll be way more fun.

·
Registered
997 Posts
chuapieceagum said:
who cares? there should be over 20 sportbikes cruising together tomorrow. i can't even imagine how cool it's gonna look.

have you been through mt. rainier before? the turns are awesome but there is sometimes traffic, always gravel and rocks, and if you go over a guardrail (which i don't plan on doing) there are places with 300 foot drops. it just seems dangerous and who knows what squids are gonna show up.

come on the ride tomorrow, you'll have good company so it'll be way more fun.
I don't know man. I talked to my buddys and we will probably go to Mt. Rainier as it was planned before. I'm sure that group ride is gonna look cool, but like I said, I know what is comming on that route and I think is boring. Anyway, I hope you guys will enjoy it and let me know, how did it go.

·
Registered
40 Posts
hi

i just got home and it was really good riding and it was really nice weather and nice view up on the MT . Rainier . plus that i loved to watching the those guys that who was doing the whille shit .you know
hey if you can post up some pictures in this website that will be great and top of that you can show the pictures that how the washingtonian looks like to the people that who live in other states .
anyway i hope that there will be another oppotunity to have a hang out and riding together to somewhere else . :thumbup:
and take care guys and be safe

·
Registered
1 Posts
It was a good ride today around Rainier Mt. The traffic sucked but still had fun. Too bad we didn't get to do Whitepass.

·
Registered
44 Posts
yeah post up some pics! man i am so pissed i couldn't go. i decided to stay at a friends house the night before cuz he lives near puyallup, long story short one of my contacts fell out while i was beating up on my buds. then i had to squeeze my glasses into my helmet, but one of the lenses popped out while i was riding with the visor up, and i ran over my own lens! not a good day for me as far as eyeball accessories go. ended up going straight home with one contact lens and one lens in my glasses. :laughingr

if you guys had fun let's get another run going!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.