Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 gsxr 600.. cracked my oil pan and had to replace it. Everything is on, got a new oil pan gasket, etc. Went to start it up and oil is leaking out from the top of the oil pan by the gasket.. is it a self sealing gasket that needs to be warmed up, or is there another problem??

·
Registered
914 Posts
i would think that there is still a problem. did you use gasket sealer when you put the new one on?

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
If it was done correctly, there should not be any fluid leaks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
No probs.

you shoulnt have any problems unless the gasket has some dirt on it when it was set in place or positioned wrong and it was pinched some how or the torqed on the bolts need to be checkd. :thumbup:

·
Retired Mod
6,899 Posts
like others mentioned, did you torque them correctly? Also did you use some sealant?

I've never changed the oil pan on the bike, so I'm not sure if its the rubber ones or the paper ones.

However, be advised, if its the "paper" ones, you got to make sure you removed the old gasket completely!!! Use a razor blade, scrape it off, clean it up real nice, use some brake cleaner too. Try scrubbing it off.

This is why the gasket sealer comes in handy.

If you don't clean the old gasket off completely, the surface area will be un-even and won't seal. Also, if you end up scrubbing off too much of the block or ban, it will be uneven. I had the same problem with my clutch cover, got lazy and took a grinder to the clutch cover. Grinded down a little too much. Had to use some sealant.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.