Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am haveing trouble getting stop lights to change for me at night, I pull up to the line, sometimes a lil bit further up. Well, I cant get em to change for me sometimes and end up haveing to run em, on declines it is even harder because I can not roll back, than forward. Any tips on how to get em to change?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Walk04 said:
I am haveing trouble getting stop lights to change for me at night, I pull up to the line, sometimes a lil bit further up. Well, I cant get em to change for me sometimes and end up haveing to run em, on declines it is even harder because I can not roll back, than forward. Any tips on how to get em to change?
A company makes something just for that- its called green light I think. Check your local bike shop or online.

·
Registered
293 Posts
lights

i heard of samething, i know a few people say they have had problems with lights and others are usually fine but there is something to trigger the lights out there

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
it depends on where you are and how that city/state controls the stop lights. Some are pressure sensitive and some have metal sensors. They make a thing to mount to the bottom of the fairing to help trigger lights.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I know which lights will change and which ones won't change. I just try to go the way they will, if I don't I just run them.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
typically the sensor on the road pick ups the metal on your bike not the weight, so I just try to hit it so the engine is right over the sensor. or like Z said just run em although the cops don't like the excuse the light wouldn't change.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ive "no cop not stop"ed a bunch of lights. Theres one that always kills me because it crosses a 4 lane and its hard to avoid and get home if im coming from south of home, often times ill get off and press the crosswalk button until the light changes.......Anyone else ever get off and try the crosswalk in the middle of the night ? Oh yeah some lights respond to flashing your high beams. Im assuming they had some kind of sensor that picks up strobing lights, intended to help out emergency vehicles. ive never had luck doin it on the bike, its worked for me consistantly at this one light when ive been in my truck......... maybe its worth a shot for some of you guys out there.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
yeah most are pressure sensitive out here in so. cali but most change pretty well...i run the ones that dont

·
Registered
168 Posts
I don't remember where but i've something here on the net about this part you can buy that attaches to your bike.. It's supposed to be magnetic and it doesn't interfere with anything on your bike.. There are different levels of this product depending on how much your willing to spend.. I can't remember the name of it but if I find it I'll post up a link for it here..

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Almost NONE of them are pressure sensitive... it is a misconception. That little square ring you see is not a pressure pad, it is a ring that will pick upchange in induced voltage caused by the metal in the vehical.

Leaning the bike over on the kickstand works sometimes, but it is not the pressure it is the change in orientiation of the metal to a broader plane.

The green light trigger seems like a cool idea, but i dont know how well it works.

I just run them after a decent amount of time.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
We have the same problem here in Pittsburgh. The are the metal sensors. I have one right in my town. Comming home from a bike night this past summer I sat there for about 5 min. The other lights ran their cycle 2 times. Mine did not. I just said hell with it and went. (It was 12:30 in the morning) The next thing you know a cop came from the side road and got me. I explained my situation and he says he has the same problem. Sat and bullshitted for about 10 min and we took off. (He was a pretty good friend of mine)

·
Registered
15 Posts
You can order the magnetic strips off of JC Whitney. I live in a rather large city so there are a ton of huge intersections that won't trip for crotch rockets. I ordered one called Signal Sorcerer, There were 2 big magnet strips and i mounted one on my bike, called JCWhitney and bitched them out saying they only sent me one in my box and they paid shipping for me to return it. It works well, but most of the time I just stop, 'turn right on red' then do a U-turn. It works even better!!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
There were 2 big magnet strips and i mounted one on my bike, called JCWhitney and bitched them out saying they only sent me one in my box and they paid shipping for me to return it.
That's a squid move if I've ever seen one! :fu:

I pretty much will sit there for while then proceed when it's safe when it's obvious it's not going to change. I have talked to a local cop and he said that's what he would do. I think it depends what cop you get though. If has riden or does ride I think he'd understand.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
instead of running it I'll turn right and then pull a U-y 50 feet down the street, then come back and either take a right or go straight. I'll also do that at lights that I know take forever and I don't feel like waiting at them.
On the ol' katana it had a centerstand so I'd drag that a little bit coming up to the light and that would trip the sensor most of the time, although I accidentally put the kickstand down once and it nearly killed me.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
nddillon said:
There were 2 big magnet strips and i mounted one on my bike, called JCWhitney and bitched them out saying they only sent me one in my box and they paid shipping for me to return it.
Thats jsut fucked up :headshake

Hope someone from JC whitney lurkes here and busts you :clap:

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
nddillon said:
You are just jealous that you didn't think of it. :fu:
No thats just stupid.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
nddillon said:
You are just jealous that you didn't think of it. :fu:

We are all going to hell, I am just having more fun on the journey!
Nope, that is theft...plain and simple.

Not that I am a bible thumper or anything, but if I want something I F"N WORK FOR IT :thumbup:

An honest living try it sometime ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.