Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my second bike I am some what of a novice rider and I just wanted to share on my 2300 miles that I got on this K7 750 and its chicken strips.
I just got home from another ride through Palomar gave it wipe down and took some pics.
The last ¼” left well I guess as my nads get bigger!
Lots of pro’s on that mountain and some real skin off your balls too.:yumyum:
This was my second time up their. I believe that this mountain is more fun and safer then Angles Crest highway.

:arsenal

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
please listen to the advice that im about to give you......

the amount of unused tire you have has NOTHING to do with ones ability to ride their bike. the only ones who actually care about their "chicken strips" are as follows...

1. posers at starbucks
2. posers at the local gas station
3. new riders who dont want to be posers, but hang out with them due to lack of friends that ride
4. motoGP wannabees who frequent motorcycle forums that think they are bike gods because they have no chicken strips ( which most of them probably just got them off of google images and are playing like they are their actual pics.)

·
Registered
783 Posts
And heres some more advice ... please listen to what I'm about to tell you ...

The people that say a bunch of crap about chicken strips not mattering usually have 1/2" chicken strips :laughingr :funny:

I wouldnt worry about them, but if you ride a bunch they should just go away. Its not a scary lean angle to get rid of em. Perfectly safe, and no knee dragging needed.

Looks like your having fun, roll on dude :thumbup:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Looking good but what matters a lot is how is your form. I know mine is for shit but I'm workin on it. How bout You?

Damn Your running stockers too? Palomar is a nice drive never been on a bike, How do u like the bridgestones? I hear theyre like hockey pucks.

·
Registered
186 Posts
i had chicken strips until i went to deals gap and i ride my bike alot and for many years, like the guys said dont worry about them, ride to have fun not to impress ppl

·
Registered
938 Posts
Don't worry about rubbing off your chicken strips. Chicken strips are way over rated. The amount of unused rubber doesn't rate how good of a rider you are, or how big your kahones are. There is this one guy johnny up here in VA that usta walk around everybody's bike and examine and make comments on everybody's chicken strips and lean angle. He talked a big game and everybody thought that he was the best rider on the street. He could pop wheelies and do stoppies. Johnny never stopped talking trash. We went to the track, Johhny was going on how he needed a extra set of knee pucks cuz he was gonna wear them out. He got his knee down alright, and the rest of his body too. It was his 2nd session of the day, everybody else was leaving him behind and his ego from talking all that shit got in the way. He pushed to hard and messed all his shinny new gear up, and ended his track day cuz he broke his clip ons. His bike is f'd up, needs new fairings and controls, exhasudt and so on. We haven't seen to much of ol pro rider johnny lately. I guess what I'm saying is don't let yours or anybody elses ego dictate your riding. Ride in your confort zone, don't try to keep up with riders that are on a different level. Take it from me, I took a spill and ended up in a ditch trying to get rid of my strips. Now we go to the track and believe me chicken strips are not even on your mind. Totally not worth it. Like someone said above, work on your form and and setting up the corner. Above all else, work on being smooth, speed will come from that.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
1.:infrandom I did say that I am a novice and this is my second bike and have over 10000 miles under my belt. I don’t have scratch on this bike. (That is what the first bike is for! Even though she was accident free!). I have two kids, wife, house and an employer that is depending on me to be a part of a team at work. And to frequent such lookylue establishments is not my forte. Riding takes the edge off that is why I ride to work to fun what ever.
2.:thumbup: My lean angle in the turns with knee down left butt cheek over the left side of the seat on a left turn and visa versa keeping the bike as perpendicular to the road as possible to imply that is how I am in the aggressive turns. And I still got a lot of work to do on keeping the line and the throttle control.
3.:hmmm: The tires do seem hard compared to the ninja I had before.

Edit
I guess the term “chicken Strips” is taboo in a sense.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts

the amount of unused tire you have has NOTHING to do with ones ability to ride their bike. the only ones who actually care about their "chicken strips" are as follows...

1. posers at starbucks
3. new riders who dont want to be posers, but hang out with them due to lack of friends that ride
4. motoGP wannabees who frequent motorcycle forums that think they are bike gods because they have no chicken strips ( which most of them probably just got them off of google images and are playing like they are their actual pics.)
exactly, i used to worry a lot about my strips. i scrubbed them off once i learned how lean a lot, but i had shitty form. now i look back and dont care about the damn strips. lol

just take it easy and have fun

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
i'm a noob and i don't even care about chicken strips. I've heard people get alot of slack over them but fuck it. I've seen way too many vids on the internet of people getting hurt or cocky on bikes and getting badly injured. it's my first bike and i will be doing alot of "straight line riding" to work and what not, so its just inevitable that the strips will form. With time i'm sure i'll get rid of em.

on a side note..

F**K I HATE F**KING WINTER......i want to ride so bad..i almost froze my ass off starting the car after work tonight..jesus hell

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,477 Posts
I won't make fun of someone with strips or very little strips until they start making fun of someone else. I'm not impressed with someone without chicken strips on the rear tire. If you don't have them at all riding the street on your front tire then you're starting to ride a little :thumbup: .

·
Registered
104 Posts

1. posers at starbucks

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
+1000 Valhalla

Also, take my advice as someone who spent 27 years in san diego and has ridden Palomar more times than I can count, palomar is NOT fun, and it is CERTAINLY NOT SAFE!!!

If you really think pally is fun, pick a track day and go. You'll have so much fun you'll pee a little bit. You'll be a TON safer and your riding will improve 5000000 times faster than it would riding pally.

Those douche bags in the Palomar Mafia act like celebrities and bike gods, but they're just idiots who are too afraid to go to the track and they ONLY ride pally. I know quite a few of them and always tried to get them to the track, but they'd always flake out. I know more people who've gotten hurt on Pally than at the track.

DON"T BE THAT GUY!!!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
:bowdown:
Actually I would love:yumyum: to spend some track time. I just need some FU money to do it. And I would use their bikes for the first two days anyway. And I just got my full lathers too.

I know that the term is taboo so I did feel a bit squidish after choosing the header for this post. And I hate the kind that was described-those guys spend their day trying to get laid and all I want to do is ride hanging around coffee shops are for posers.

It’s that I see a lot of people here post pics of their bikes and some look like all they do is go in a strait line. And everyone is all good kudos for them. Some even look like they put Armoral on their tiers.

And I was comparing Palomar to Angels Crest Highway and least any think that doing blind turns is safe in any arena.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I am a beginer and haven't even had my 2004 gsxr 750 on the road yet, only rode it home 10 miles. I have had guy's as me how wide my chicken stripe. I appericate eveyone's help. He did make me feel bad. Now F#@* him. You all just save me from wrecking or worse.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts