Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I am a beginer and haven't even had my 2004 gsxr 750 on the road yet, only rode it home 10 miles. I have had guy's as me how wide my chicken stripe. I appericate eveyone's help. He did make me feel bad. Now F#@* him. You all just save me from wrecking or worse.
Yah man don't sweat the small stuff go at your own pace.
The time will come when you know what to do.

·
Registered
196 Posts
i'm a noob and i don't even care about chicken strips. I've heard people get alot of slack over them but fuck it. I've seen way too many vids on the internet of people getting hurt or cocky on bikes and getting badly injured. it's my first bike and i will be doing alot of "straight line riding" to work and what not, so its just inevitable that the strips will form. With time i'm sure i'll get rid of em.

on a side note..

F**K I HATE F**KING WINTER......i want to ride so bad..i almost froze my ass off starting the car after work tonight..jesus hell
"jesus hell" :headscrat
But I hate winter too. I am from Michigan, but working in SoCal for the next two weeks..... getting thoroughly depressed :arsenal

·
Registered
768 Posts
Someone running 25 psi on the back tire can rub those chicken strips off versus someone running stock pressure and leaning more. Its all about weight, psi and lean. Give a fat boy a bike running 30 psi or lower will get the strips off with less lean than a guy that weighs less and has stock recommended tire pressure.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I think chicken strips are tasty, specially from KFC

·
S.I.J
5,080 Posts
Judging the tape on the lenses and the towel around your neck it must be taken after a good day at the track:thumbup:
Yes it was, 101 in the shade, But when you are flying down the front stretch at 130mph or dragging your knee at 85mph.....who cares how hot it is!!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Someone running 25 psi on the back tire can rub those chicken strips off versus someone running stock pressure and leaning more. Its all about weight, psi and lean. Give a fat boy a bike running 30 psi or lower will get the strips off with less lean than a guy that weighs less and has stock recommended tire pressure.
yup, i know people that ride a big passenger to rub off the strips

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,477 Posts
Yes it was, 101 in the shade, But when you are flying down the front stretch at 130mph or dragging your knee at 85mph.....who cares how hot it is!!!:thumbup:
Good stuff bro but I prefer 150mph down the straight and kneedragging at 115mph :thumbup:

·
Registered
515 Posts
I agree to just take it at your own pace and work on your form. Remember the streets are different then at the canyon or track and each have there place. Here is a photo of my tire as you can see my canyon line and the one when I went to the track is all the way to the edge and you get the blueing. So take all this advice and go have fun.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I won't make fun of someone with strips or very little strips until they start making fun of someone else. I'm not impressed with someone without chicken strips on the rear tire. If you don't have them at all riding the street on your front tire then you're starting to ride a little :thumbup: .
+1 to that.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts