Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok..so i have been doing alot of research and reading product reviews about frame sliders...cut versus no-cut, frme mount versus motor mount. i have made my decision to do cut sliders and narrowed manufactures down to 3--woodcraft/lsl/motovation.

does anyone have pictures of their sliders and reasons why they chose those specific products. has anyone had to use their sliders and what was the outcome?

thank you very much for your time

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
It would also, really help, if you posted the year and model of your bike.

No cut sliders are really the only way to go, except for 04/05 600's and 750's, and 03/04 1000's, Shogun makes a "no cut" slider that does not have an extension plate, and is as strong as "cut" sliders. The left side has a slight recess to clear the fairing but no strength is compromised.

One of these days, Suzuki will either put OEM sliders on, or will design the fairing so the engine mounts clear the fairings. But until then....

·
Registered
180 Posts
you are wasting your time doing all this reasearch. these are plastic bits that do very little to realy help in any situation other than a garage tip over.

just go with what you like that dont look offensive to you and get on with it.

I know there are 10,000,000,000,000,000 threads on what sliders to go with or what slip on to use our what color mohawk to stick to your head. -or maybe Im just in a bad mood :headshake

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the input...i was just trying to decide if buying a set of 39.99 sliders was as good as some of the sets that are 149.99. i'm doing cut sliders and i read alot of posts on here how ugly they are but functional. that is what i am after is the functional part. i was just looking for opinions. everyone has one and i am interested in hearing about their gear and why they chose to buy it

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
I've had Shogun and Woodcraft (race slider option) and have tested both at the track. I prefer the Woodcraft as the Shoguns were a little too long for my liking. The shorter the slider the better in a crash situation. This keeps the bike's center of gravity lower and the bike is less likely to snag the slider and flip the bike.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you....i am leaning towards the woodcrafts...they seem to be very top quality and i like the fact that if they are ground down..it is very easy to replace..side pin holds them on instead of having to cut them off to get to the bolt......motovations look to be very good also...they look nice and seem to hold up pretty well

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.