Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had bike painted new color, house of colors, pearl blue, bought decals from tapeworks, now i have a question for everyone, once i put the decals on should i clearcoat the bike to make it more permant and to protect the sharp edges so they dont peel off and i think it will also help when washing the bike

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
If you clear coat them make sure that its cleaned with properly because if not the coat will peel right off the sticker

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
decals

i havent put the decals on yet, but the kit i got from tapeworkds is kit 5515 its in the reflective white color, with no light hitting its more of a silverish pearl color that stands out pretty good but when light hit it, its reflective its sweet looking but i just need to get a stand so i can put them on straight for both sides, i think i will end up having them clearcoated to make it more permanent, i know tapeworks says you dont have to but i think it'll make it last longer

·
Registered
30 Posts
Im a painter. What u should do is have the color sprayed and baked. Then have the decals put on and then have the bike cleared. If your thinking about putting decals on after the bike is painted and cleared...i wouldnt. If you do that u could have a thick line of clear around the decal because of the tape. You could TRY to sand that line down but run the chance of going through the clear already on the bike and then ur painting all over again!! More money!!!! Good Luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.