Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so yes I have used the search option many times and most are old post with not my exact situation so I have decided to post mine and hoping for some good input on the nasty situation, or rather annoying situation.

My clutch has been slipping past year on and off I have made adjustments on all 3 places where you are to adjust the clutch. I have a 2005 1000 by the way. The most recent situation was I let my buddy race my bike (hard launches involved) and then it would start slipping in second a little bit then slowly got worse. So adjustments were made (at all 3 spots) by my friend who knows more about the engine than I do. after adjustments only slipped at 10k rpm. so changed oil to castrol full synthetic I do believe, so it was still slipping and now at 3200 miles on this oil it doesn't want to slip anymore at all, bike runs awesome and im afraid to change my oil again in fear of slippage.

also part of me in my head now thinks its just the oil at this point, but im not sure.

Also im trying to avoid changing the clutch this season, money is tight.

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
I think it was just a clutch adjustment issue, but wouldn't be surprised if your clutch is near the end of it's life. If the clutch slipped after a series of hard launches, and had to be re-adjusted to get it to grab again.... well, you do the math.

If you think it was the oil, what kind of oil was in the bike BEFORE you changed it to the oil you are presently using? Unless you were running some automotive grade with friction reducing additives, the oil had nothing to do with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.