Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finishing up a sprocket -1 front and having some issues with the clutch. bolted just about everything back together and i got on my bike to test the clutch and i think theres something wrong. the clutch was in neutral during installation and itll go into first but none of the other gears..(i bent the clutch bar trying to get it to shift) does anyone know what i might of done wrong during the sprocket swap? i marked where the clutch bar comes off so that i could put it back in the same spot but its a tiny bit off for some reason and i couldn't figure out how to fix it? thanks again

·
Registered
894 Posts
What kind of bike is it (year etc.)
This is not a common problem to have from a sprocket swap. Did you try to shift the bike while it was off? A lot of times you cant go through the gears unless its actually driving along, or on a stand free spinning.

·
Registered
2 Posts
same thing happened to me this spring, I just took the lever off and put it back on, it didnt line up exactly, it was a fraction off, the gear shifter should be pointing at around 8 o'clock. I had to try it like 4 times before it was where it needed to be.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's an 05 gsxr 600 and it's never really had problems switching gears. I guess I'll try taking the lever back off. Did that fix the problem when u got it lined up exact?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.