Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Just to derail this thread more....

I checked the wire harness where the CKPS plugs into and it looks pretty intact . I was tempted to unravel the electrical tape but left alone for now.

I did find upon inspection broken wires to the injector plug. There's 4. It was hidden with electrical tape. I assume that's the injector plug. I gotta splice a wire in there. Shouldn't be to hard but annoying. Solder and heat shrink it good.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
@EVL 750 Hey I'm wondering would a bad timing sprocket cause a no spark ? I noticed that some one was selling a crank sensor and included a timing sprocket. How would I know if thats bad. Mine looks healthy at least looking at the teeth.

·
Registered
294 Posts
That Y/R lead is 12 V from the fuel pump relay. It looks like a previous owner had tapped into it to power something and wasn't careful. Makes me wonder what else is there. I don't think that the black tape, or whatever, on the Lg/G lead into the injector connector is OEM either.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
@billv I'm hoping or at least thinking he may have used some pliers to pull the wires to remove the injector plug. The Y/R lead had electrical tape on it holding it together. The Lg/G wire had electrical tape on it because the insulation was ripped exposing wire. I only thing that because I had to remove it to get to the air box screw on the throttle body and it was B**** to remove. However, I used a different approach as not to damage wires.

·
Registered
294 Posts
The injector connectors are a sealed type and the seals can stick over time, which makes removal difficult. Some dielectric grease may help in the future but they're always going to be harder to remove than non-sealed. Some teflon spray might also help if you're willing to wait till it dries. A key issue is knowing what to press to unlatch the connector and how to tell when it is. The best I can offer is to look for a similar connector that's more accessible and figure out how the latch works there. Pulling on the leads is always a bad idea.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Put the new sensor in last night. Filled it back up with oil and it started right up! Took her for a spin to see the mechanic and he says it sounds good. LOL

It did shut down on me though 2 times at lights. It fired right back up. I wonder if the kickstand sensor is bad. I swapped it with another used one. Checked the resistance of it closed and it wasn't really a complete short. IDK

I can fire the bike up now though. Crossing my fingers. Man I love the sound she makes.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts