Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you all think of the color match bra for the GSXR's. THey are pricey and not sure I would want to leave it on all the time. Anybody have one what do you think of it?

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
I've had them on a couple of different bikes and I love them. Nothing but praise for them. They defintly protect the tank too.

·
Registered
245 Posts
My 96 is black and gold, and it got knocked over by the previous owners GF, so the left fairing is a little scratched. Is there a way to fix the scratches or should i scrap the plastics and buy new ones? Also the black and gold is to raider/just flat out gay to me, so id like to either buy painted plastics or get these painted. Any advise?

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
You can have them fixed, if you don't know how to do it, almost any body shop can do it, and I'd suggest a new paint job. probably cheaper than getting new plastics. Call up a shop or stop by and ask for a quote, but it depends on how elaborate you want the job.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Well i was lookin at either flat black with clear coat, or maybe the chevy silver/graphite color, not very common and i can get the color code easily. Its the same color im gonna paint my truck, and it would be cool to have the bike the same. :rolleyes: ill see if i can find a pic of the color.

·
Registered
67 Posts
those black and gold fairings are kinda rare
might want to EBay them or trade them...some people like that color scheme

as for the tank bra? i personally use a clear tank pad and havent really had any probs but i ride mainly in leathers so i dont really have anything on me to scratch it up

·
Registered
245 Posts
Do you have a link to the clear tank pad? Im still lookin for a pic of the truck.

Do people really like the black and gold? its got full decals and everything, the GSX-R logo and all that good stuff, but im not a fan of that scheme. I would be willing to trade with anyone on the site that would want to, ill check the for sale section.

**EDIT** found a link to the truck:

^^^^^ Thats the color i would like for a tank/plastics/fairing, well maybe not the fairing.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
looks like a good choice to me.....i'd paint the whole bike that color

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went with the stock black tank bra. I am going to paint with silver where it has the GSXR letters in the Bra. Not sure type paint to use.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reason was Color match $90 stock $32 could justify exart money for color match.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
yea the color match takes more work to put together.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts