Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Administrator
12,442 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

May I ask why you think you are getting coolant in the oil? Is the oil way over full and the radiator low on coolant?

Reactions: Todd_Sails

· Registered
5,882 Posts
As John said. Does it run? Have you drained and replaced these fluids since getting the bike?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just got suzuki gxsr 2001 600 and I see coolant in the oil what do I check first or what can be the problem
Welcome to the forum.

May I ask why you think you are getting coolant in the oil? Is the oil way over full and the radiator low on coolant?
it’s green in the clutch cover I got the clear one so you could see in it

· Administrator
12,442 Posts
@Hrivera Did you mean to post an answer?

· Registered
615 Posts
If that is really coolant than it could be a worn seals of the water pump shaft and worned/rusted pump shaft under those seals, I think.
I would take out the water pump and disassemble it for check. Pay attention for replace all o-ring seals around water pump - at the pump mount neck and under the cover of the pump.

Font Auto part Technical drawing Engineering Motor vehicle

· Administrator
12,442 Posts
Drain the oil first and see what you actually have. If there is coolant in the oil, you will clearly see it separated.

The reason, i'm poking is that this time of year lots see moisture in the oil due to the cold and condensation.

The second reason is that coolant does not just sit there, it mixes with the oil and makes a latte like creamy brown mixture.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Drain the oil first and see what you actually have. If there is coolant in the oil, you will clearly see it separated.

The reason, i'm poking is that this time of year lots see moisture in the oil due to the cold and condensation.

The second reason is that coolant does not just sit there, it mixes with the oil and makes a latte like creamy brown mixture.
I changed the oil…and the it had coolant in but it wasn’t like mud I just like oil

· Administrator
12,442 Posts
I changed the oil…and the it had coolant in but it wasn’t like mud I just like oil
Ahhh. I guess it has not been run with the coolant in the crankcase.

Was the radiator empty?

Spontaneous oil in the coolant this time of year is usually because the engine froze. Was it out in the cold?

With the oil drain plug out, refill the radiator and see if and how quickly oil comes out the oil drain.

Reactions: XPOH

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ahhh. I guess it has not been run with the coolant in the crankcase.

Was the radiator empty?

Spontaneous oil in the coolant this time of year is usually because the engine froze. Was it out in the cold?

With the oil drain plug out, refill the radiator and see if and how quickly oil comes out the oil drain.
I empty the oil pan again fill the coolant it just need a little coolant but nothing came out I think it does when I drive the bike not when sitting

· Administrator
12,442 Posts
That is a good sign as engine freezing usually pops out a plug in the head or cracks something and the leak is pretty big.

What does not make sense to me is if it leaks while you are riding the bike, the oil will be emulsified and look like brown cream. You are saying the oil and water is not mixed.

How much is "just a little coolant"?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts