Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that gears have a 'front' and a 'back' and it is suppose to go on just one way? I was thinking it didn't matter as it appeared to be identically symmetric?

Anyways, how do I know which side goes on the motor first and which side goes away from the motor?

Thanks

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
"gears" as in sprockets? Correct above, numbers out. If you have a newer generation GSXR with a speed sensor rotor held in by a large allen head bolt, be careful with torquing this bolt and use blue loc-tite ( torque spec is very light and the speed sensor rotor is light aluminum and will shatter...I know and carry spares). If you do not torque that bolt to spec, you have a very good chance on it backing out, pushing on the inside of the sprocket cover and cracking the cover or worse damage to the gear box.

·
Registered
86 Posts
"gears" as in sprockets? Correct above, numbers out. If you have a newer generation GSXR with a speed sensor rotor held in by a large allen head bolt, be careful with torquing this bolt and use blue loc-tite ( torque spec is very light and the speed sensor rotor is light aluminum and will shatter...I know and carry spares). If you do not torque that bolt to spec, you have a very good chance on it backing out, pushing on the inside of the sprocket cover and cracking the cover or worse damage to the gear box.
Thanks for the heads up.
I'll be doing sprockets on my bike within the next week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.