Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was testing camera to day at the qualify. Need to work on action shots, a few good, most blurry.
We went up into the 18 story tall COTA Tower and got some good pics also. An assortment of stuff. Will get more tomorrow the 23rd race day. Click the magnifying glass icon to enlarge once open :grin

Moto America race was also there

Maverick

·
Premium Member
8,554 Posts
That amount of run off is amazing!

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yea John, the run off area makes these regular track day tracks look dangerous lol.
Gonna try posting full size if it doesn't get crazy.
Increased shutter speed and sunny, way better. I was still zooming in from pretty far though.
Click open enlarge if you like
Pedrosa did great

Marc,Rossi,Zarco,Cal,Dovi

Dovi,Lorenzo,Ianone

Top Five at the moment

Toni Elias,Luca Marini<-Rossi's half brother GP2

Marquez,Pedrosa

Morbidelli GP2

Marquez

Scott Redding

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Some really good shots in there.

Are you using digital zoom or all optical zoom? Any digital zooming will decrease the quality immediately.

With the single subject images you can open up your F-stop some to get more light in, but will decrease you depth of field. Shouldn't be an issue with single subject as long as your auto focus does it's job in finding a point at the right focal distance. You can also "move" with the subject, which decreases it's perceived speed to the shutter, but increases the sensation of speed in the final image.

For the shots with multiple subjects you can't open it as much or the only one in focus will be the one in the specific focal length. You can compensate a little by increasing your ISO. that will allow you to shoot slightly higher shutter speeds at the same f-stop. Going too high can cause some pixelation.

Sorry for the unsolicited advice, sometimes I nerd out :nerd

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some really good shots in there.

Are you using digital zoom or all optical zoom? Any digital zooming will decrease the quality immediately.

With the single subject images you can open up your F-stop some to get more light in, but will decrease you depth of field. Shouldn't be an issue with single subject as long as your auto focus does it's job in finding a point at the right focal distance. You can also "move" with the subject, which decreases it's perceived speed to the shutter, but increases the sensation of speed in the final image.

For the shots with multiple subjects you can't open it as much or the only one in focus will be the one in the specific focal length. You can compensate a little by increasing your ISO. that will allow you to shoot slightly higher shutter speeds at the same f-stop. Going too high can cause some pixelation.

Sorry for the unsolicited advice, sometimes I nerd out :nerd
It's basically a 52x zoom point and shoot camera Kodak.
I'm no photographer at all lol.
That's the second time I ever used it.
Terms like EV,ISO, etc... I'm all :headscrat
I was snapping these pictures from 2 turns away, long way off because I had so many people around me.
I actually zoomed in with windows photoviewer and screen captured what I wanted to post.
If I didn't, the guys would look like ants lol.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
It's basically a 52x zoom point and shoot camera Kodak.

I'm no photographer at all lol.

That's the second time I ever used it.

Terms like EV,ISO, etc... I'm all :headscrat

I was snapping these pictures from 2 turns away, long way off because I had so many people around me.

I actually zoomed in with windows photoviewer and screen captured what I wanted to post.

If I didn't, the guys would look like ants lol.

This makes sense.

Not bad quality for a point a shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts