Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had a lowside about three months ago and have long since repaired the bike. I was pretty deep in a corner to my knee and without warning I was on my back before i knew what happened. Well at the time I didnt think much of the switch. But today I was riding a standup in 2nd playing around between bp and beyond and the engine died and needless to say i about shitted. It came down hard but i didnt lose it thank God. After it was down it stayed dead for about 5-6 seconds and came back on. Ran fine and this has never happened before. I always thought the tip switch was for side to side tip over but was told this could have been the cause. Anyone with similiar experiences.??? p.s.
04 1000

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
mvd123 said:
Had a lowside about three months ago and have long since repaired the bike. I was pretty deep in a corner to my knee and without warning I was on my back before i knew what happened. Well at the time I didnt think much of the switch. But today I was riding a standup in 2nd playing around between bp and beyond and the engine died and needless to say i about shitted. It came down hard but i didnt lose it thank God. After it was down it stayed dead for about 5-6 seconds and came back on. Ran fine and this has never happened before. I always thought the tip switch was for side to side tip over but was told this could have been the cause. Anyone with similiar experiences.??? p.s.
04 1000
Most likely the lowside wasn't due to the switch, I raced my 750 for a few years and left the switch just like it came stock. And it also doesn't sound like that was the problem with your wheelie either, because when the tip over switch is triggered and shuts your bike down, you have to cycle the ingnition off then back on for the bike to even start again. It could have been a low fuel problem or something, of the sort if it was a very long wheelie, but don't think it was the Tip over switch, if you had to cycle the ignition then yea it was the tip over.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No didnt cycle ignition. the bike remained in gear and when i came down off the wheelie, i was doing 85 or less and the bike reignited at about 50 mph. Someone told me to check the kickstand switch. Ill holler back when i do so. thx alot

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.