Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, newbe here. Been in the motorcycle industry for over 32 years so if anybody has any questions I'm here. NOW I have a question for the GSXR experts out there.
I'm looking for info on crank interchangabilty. I know a lot of models crankshafts will interchange. I have a 2000 750 and I know that 00 to 03 are the same, but what other models will fit?? anybody?? The info is GREATLY valued. Thanks.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Good question. Seeing that with each model change they tend to make the engine narrower and more compact, Im not sure how interchangeable the cranks would be from model to model.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shears Cycles

I understand that, but for example, the 04-05 gsxr 600 and 750 use the same crank. I know this because I had the chance to compare. Different part#'s, but same specs. My hope is that this would be the same for the 00-03. There are a lot of 600 cranks out there but no 750's. could it be because it's just not known??
I was brought up in cycle salvages and this is REAL common.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Ahh i see what your gettin at. I would kind of imagine the 600 and 750 are probably interchangeable. Is the stroke the same, the 750 just has a larger bore? Are u lookin for an aftermarket crank or somethin?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shears Cycles

No I just picked up a 2000 with a bad crank and there are tons of 600 cranks out there on ebay but no 750's. I am thinking that the 600 will work but ebay is such a pain in the arce I need to be sure first. You are thinking just what I am as the later years are the same(600 & 750). Thanks for the input. C

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.