Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

Crashed

2K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  03Smerf 
#1 ·
So if you don’t know by now I crashed my bike last Monday 3/16/2009. I was on the interstate I-94 by Rawson in Oak Creek going south. It was around 5:30 pm so during rush hour and I hit a pothole at about 65 to 70 mph. not sure when I hit the ground or what body part hit first but I do remember when I was rolling down the road thinking wtf? Awe shit I must of crashed. As I was rolling I planted my feet and saw my bike sliding away from me and kept rolling. Once a stopped several hundred feet from original crash point I popped on my feet right away looked to my left to make sure I didn’t get hit by a car. The car right behind me stopped and I hobbled off the road looked down and saw that I was missing one shoe and it was in the lane right in front of me so I ran in and got it. Run after my bike which ended up about one hundred feet in front of my picked it up and moved it off to the side. Oil was leaking everywhere, pants were ripped open. Took off my helmet that had no scratches on it then threw my other safety gear on the guard rail. In the left side is all messed up and the back end is too because the back of the bike smashed into the guard rail. The Oak Creek FD and Ambulance came with two Sheriffs. The EMTs took my pulse which was 120 both times they took it. I refused transportation and went to the Burlington ER later. But my dad came and picked me and my bike up drove me to my mom’s work because she wanted to see me and then went to the hospital. So the damage report. First my bike… right mirror, left handle bar, left fairing, left set of pegs front and back shift lever, rear fairing brake lights and turn signals, left side engine case cover and new rear rim. Myself I got road rash on my right knee the worse left knee not so bad, left side my back and right wrist. My left wrist is broken in I guess the worst bone to break. So now I have a full arm cast which sucks. I will get pictures up as soon as possible. I think that’s about it.

See less See more
#16 ·
+1

Glad you were able to walk away. I broke my right wrist in high school. It sucked cuz I'm right handed. haha But it was one of those really small ones in there and it sucked ass. The doctor made me wear a full forearm cast. I wouldn't be surprised if the city tries to screw you outta paying for repairs and such but I'd tell them you're talking to a lawyer (regardless of if you have or not) and see what happens. If they think they'll lose in court then they'll try to save themselves some money and settle with you.

#8 ·
Glad to hear your ok, I went down on my yellow gsxr about a week ago as well. I always wondered though what would happen in your situation, I mean who pays for the damage? will the city pay for it since the roads are thier responsibility to keep in good condition? because where I live pot holes, gravel, and sunken or protruding manholes are the norm and it pisses me off! one time I even hit one of those big rubber weights that are suppost to weigh down the big orange barrier markers on construction sites. I hope if I ever fall due to a road conditon the city will pay for it, considering it was something unavoidable. It be pretty unfair if they didnt considering how much money they have it wouldnt even dent thier bank accounts.

#11 ·
Hey bro glad your ok!!! Sucks that your bike tore up!
I know that last year my buddy hit some of the gravel they use to fix the pot holes in Janesville(Ijst moved from in Oct.) and the city or state would NOT do any thing Fact is that they and the police say the accident was do to the rider and attentive riding, failing to pay attention to the road and or condition or changing condition :headscrat:headscrat...
Witch is as we both know BULL SH!T! They dump that crap all over then all the cager's spread it all around :headscrat:headscrat

Any way bro good luck!!!

#18 ·
Dude I feel your pain. Wrecked my 07 750 last Oct. and thought the samething you did. I dont know what part of my body hit first but I was rolling around on the ground thinking wtf. The first thing I thought before I thought of myself was how much is this gonna cost me to fix my bike.LOL. I got up and brushed all the dirt off from sliding off the side of the road and didn't at the time realize I had broken any bones. I ended up breaking my right collar bone, small bone in my right wrist (the worst one to break according to the doc.), bone on the side of my right hand, and my middle finger on my left hand. I had to replace the left mirror, upper fairing, upper fairing bracket, left fairing, radiator, left handle bar, and both tail lights and rear fairings and I lost the rear cowl on the bike. But just think: It could have been worse. At least you were able to walk away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.