Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to go out on my bike this morning and found that it wouldnt start, instead i just got a clicking noise but it will start and run if i push it and bump start it. The engine ran fine all day but the electrics went haywire! Indicators worked fine at idle but when i rev the engine the headlight and indicators both start blinking really fast. Also my speedo turned into a rev counter with the needle moving in time with the rev counter before the two of them stopped working altogether. When the rev counter and speedo were still working the two needles would drop (as if the bike was switched off) when i flashed my headlight. The brake light is the only thing that hasnt failed altogether yet.

Has anyone ever expierienced this problem before? If so any advice would be much appreciated.:headscrat

·
Registered
136 Posts
That sounds like a f*cked up carnival house of fun. I had problems with my cluster a few weeks ago, where it would turn on and turn off randomly, and would give weird ass readings. My problem was that the wires weren't grounded properly, I had to take my bike apart and check each wire. My guess is that you're running into the same problem. Likely that your wires are getting a charge in the correct place but are landing it in the wrong spot (which would lead to the strange readings).

That's my guess anyways :thumbup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree, check all your grounds. Also look for any exposed wires (copper from the insulation) at any sort of pinch or flex point.

If that all looks good I would check relays, sensors, and possibly ECU (most unlikely this is it)

·
Registered
375 Posts
If you got a volt meter, check the battery. If you have a friend, swap in their battery and see what happens. Check the grounds. Personally if you want to check the wiring, I would pull the sides and tail off, bump start it, put it in "N" and start moving the wiring harness around to see if you can pin point the problem area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.