Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just getting bad about all the local riders dieing. Here it goes.

We had Rich Thorwaldson-starter of Thor motocross. He died at Sears Point.
Then Rich's best friend Jim died in the same corner a month later.
Then my buddy Dusty dies Fri night/Sat morning.
Then a BMW rider dies up in the hills on that Sat.
and yesterday a rider on a cruiser and a guy on an R6 both eat it.

This is just out of had.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
yea I know alot of people are going down lately, its just getting crazy. weve had about 3 or 4 riders here locally eat here to lately. no one that I know or ride with but just heard about it.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess its because its nearing the end of the season, people are riding differently.

·
Administrator
1,000,000,259 Posts
Maybe people should stay off that road... It seems to have some type of anti biker sentimates......

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
huh?? :confused:

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
she, and It still doesn't make any sense to me. come on lyte elaborate for us.

·
Administrator
1,000,000,259 Posts
Sorry guys I'm here at work sufing the site on my cell got one of the pda type phones and I was typing a reply when someone called me about work related crap so I lost focus and didn't finish that thought....

Anyways yes I was refering to that sears point since I don't know what it is I assumed it was a road popular for cruising...I also assumed everyone you mentioned was traveling on this road when they went down... So I was trying to say people should avoid it seems cursed....does that make more sense?

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that makes more sense, but sears point, is a race track, and only the 2 of them were on that track. but atleast we understand what you were trying to say now. thanks.

·
Administrator
1,000,000,259 Posts
anything with the name "sears" is cursed hahahaha!

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well they technically changed the name a while ago to Infineon raceway, so i don't know.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The crashes are getting nuts. My buddy went down about a month ago, got pretty banged up tryin to spin from side saddle over the bars to the other side, got his legs caught on the bars. In his words, he just let go and went with it. Wasnt goin very fast but did some nar damage to the bike, and did a number on his helmet and leathers. Hes alright though, and hes just about finished fixin the bike, needs a new tank though.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea, all the guys i was talking about didn't make it though. its just crazy the amount that is going down and staying down.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
RIP to those fallen people.........STOP RIDING out of control.

i mean alot of people go down because of cars, etc. but ALOT go down doing dumb shit like 100mph thru city streets...keep a cool head people, please??

·
Registered
25 Posts
i agree with usdm420 ive seen some dumb shit in the middle of rush hour. Wait until you get on a track or at least a back road to open it up downtown is not the place to do fly bys. But be careful on back roads to cause chickens can run out in front of you! :eek:

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
its not just they are doing 100mph, but its the fact that that speed is over their riding ability. My buddy I had die was probably doing about 85mph in the stretch that he wrecked in, well I've done well over 140mph in that stretch before without a problem. Its people riding over thier heads.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes I agree the speeds far exceed the abilities .....I try to warn the younger riders to respect what they have and keep their noodles on tight and in their buckets man .....just this past week a fellow rider on a RC51 pancaked into the ass end of a pick up , push it forward and over onto the left hand passing lane where a semi was hauling and nailed it ......they shut the highway for two hours for investigations and clean up ...needless to say they were picking up pieces of this guy and bagging them .......for the love of god guys and gals please keep the crazy shit off the roads and on the track and don't worry about impressing buddies it's not worth your lives ......later :thumbup:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Yeah, i went to 2 memorials rides in the past month. i've known 4 riders already have past away in the past 2 months also. We all gotta be careful.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts