Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who wants to pay 90+ bucks for a mount? Not me so i made my own! I was going to take pictures of my process when i machined it but my camera died that day at work. I'm going to make another since i need to tweek the design (bolt pattern for gas cap isnt quite right). I cant get the middle bolt in. It still works great. No vibration or shakes. Let me know what you guys think. Maybe its not as cool as i think it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Good idea! Craftsmanship looks good!
But how dose your camera see over everything in front of it? Or dose it look off to the side? Or is there more to the mount to lift it up higher over everything so that it views through the windscreen?

Would like to see a pic of it and the camera mounted ready for use.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Good idea! Craftsmanship looks good!
But how dose your camera see over everything in front of it? Or dose it look off to the side? Or is there more to the mount to lift it up higher over everything so that it views through the windscreen?

Would like to see a pic of it and the camera mounted ready for use.
+1 on all of it. looks good bro! you could sell that!!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
+1 on all of it. looks good bro! you could sell that!!!! :thumbup:
Thanks! I probaly will. All i need to do is find out how much i got in it (material & hardware). I buy the aluminum at scrap weight price from my work. Its extra or drops from other jobs. The one i have now will fit 04-05 models years. dontknow about the rest. If anyone know if the gas cap design has changed thru the different models let me know and i can make those as well. I'm going to dig into looking at what it will fit and what it wont. And what i can't find out i will make for one of you guys and let you give me feedback on it (fit, view, and so on). Then you can keep it. I will post up what model bike i will be needing sometime soon!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts