Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Any word on my seats that I paid for about two weeks ago? I just trying to find it an estimated ETA...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Any word on my seats that I paid for about two weeks ago? I just trying to find it an estimated ETA...

Paid for mine 3.5 weeks ago and my seats were delivered to his place on June 27th. Just received the layout for my design for approval the other day, was told last week that they would ship out this week. Then was told they would ship out the end of this week or first of next week, havent heard anything so im guessing they havent shipped yet. The work appears to be of high quality and I wouldnt mind waiting the extra time if it means making sure the workmanship was perfect, but would rather be told ahead of time it was going to take longer. I was under the assumption that the seats would be 1-2 week waiting time, as the first post says. Hoping the seats are shipped out very shortly.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
PM sent floorburn

didjareally

I didn't expect for your seat to take this long, but please take into consideration that you requested a totally custom cover that lines up with your paint lines, this means a lot of added work on my end, I have to draw out a design that works with the seat, transfer it to clear plastic, then transfer it again to hard plastic so I have something rigid to copy onto the material for your covers.

again, sorry for the added time, but I guarantee you will love the comfort and style of the seat when it is finished!

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Hey man looks like it's finally time I do this! Sat on my 600RR seat today and it spiderweb cracked on me. Lemme scratch my pennies together and find a design I like. Gonna jump over to the 600RR forum to see if you've made any for a Blue/Silver I like.

·
Registered
61 Posts
PM sent floorburn

didjareally

I didn't expect for your seat to take this long, but please take into consideration that you requested a totally custom cover that lines up with your paint lines, this means a lot of added work on my end, I have to draw out a design that works with the seat, transfer it to clear plastic, then transfer it again to hard plastic so I have something rigid to copy onto the material for your covers.

again, sorry for the added time, but I guarantee you will love the comfort and style of the seat when it is finished!

Thanks, and I understand I asked for something other than just a simple 2 color pattern. I also understand this is a side job for you and you have a full time job that im sure keeps you busy. All I wanted was to be kept informed of a timeline. I had talked to you via email on June 26th(the day before you received the seats), then after several unanswered emails, i heard back from you on July 12th saying that my seats were shipping out that week. 4 days later on July 16th you sent me an email with a design for approval, I was expecting seats to have already been shipped out by the way your previous email sounded. And that's the last I have heard of anything. As mentioned before, if I had known ahead of time that it would be a month to get my seats, then it wouldnt have been a big deal. Luckily I ordered an extra front seat and this didnt put me out of riding for the entire month. The only reason I posted and said anything in here is I think people need to know that it may be more than a week or two in case they are sending you their only seats. Wasnt trying to deter anyone from ordering from you at all. Thanks again

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Any chance mine shipped out today per our conversation? Haven't heard back from my last PM...

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
My seats

I wasn't planning on riding or taking pictures tonight but I'm looking at getting paint work and the guy wanted pictures and my seats arrived in the mail today, so I of course felt obligated :biggrin:

First, they look FANTASTIC. :hitit:
Second, I put on 60 miles tonight on a whim, and my seat is WAY more comfy than the stock seat. I could probably do the 120 mile trip Minneapolis that killed me earlier this year, without complaint.

Color me impressed. It took a while to get my seats but it was worth it now.

And of course, here are some pics. (Yeah I know my bike is really dirty, I ride it a lot.)

·
Registered
215 Posts
All of these pics I've seen look really really good. I do custom work but not on bikes and I know things come up, things go wrong, things take time. Unfortunately, some of my customers think their piece is the only thing I'm working on or it's sitting on the shelf waiting for a home. Even worse is a custom who wants a shipping date. I never give out dates. When its done and ready to ship, then it will ship. So I understand all of it.

With all that being said, as soon as I get some of my other projects finished, I think this will be next on the list. ;)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Are you able to do other logos?

I have a totally custom painted K8 and need to find someone to make some seats for it. Its all gators themed. Would love to have black base with Blue stitching.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts