Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Learned collegues. Putting together my 1 of 4 1989/1990 GSXR750 engines. Came across an interesting puzzle of different length cylinder bolts to the ones I have new. Can´t find the specs for bolt lengths and corresponding positions. Anyone know where I can find this info? Bolt lengths I have are 175mm (x8) 168mm (x2) and 182mm (x2). Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
10,638 Posts
Welcome.

I looked at the online parts breakdown for the 89 750 and it shows the lengths of the studs behind the part number.
You say "bolts" so maybe we are not talking about the same parts.

·
Mod of the North
29,107 Posts
I think the service manual also lists the bolt lengths.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the prompt responses. I dont see anything for ther bolt lenghts in the service manual, but i will check again. Thanks for the parts breakdown lin rv6john. I checked and the śtud bolt' lengths listed are the same lengthson the parts breakdown I checked. They are different lengths to the new/old I have. I wonder if the lengths are measured from the crank case up? This would make sense as the studs/bolts would be measureured installed, maybe??? This would then account for the extra 25mm ish length. Which still leaves me unsure in what locations they should be fitted, except for installing in locations they came out of, which of course i took note off.

·
Super Moderator
10,638 Posts
With that much difference in length it should be pretty easy to add up the height of the cylinder and head at the locations to see what stud goes where. Usually there are just a few threads through the nut when fully assembled.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Can you not use a vernier caliper to measure the depth of each hole in the block with head andplaced on top of block where the studs go in and figure it out from there?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts