Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the second time this has happened to me. Bike starts up and runs fine when its cold, but as soon as its up to normal operating temp it doesn't want to start once its been shut off. I went out for a quick ride tonight (its about 60* tonight) and on my way home figured I'd stop to get some gas because I was getting a little low. Filled up at the pump, paid at the pump, go to start it up and fires one or two cylinders and then just cranks and cranks and cranks. My battery isn't in the best shape and I ended up killing it, so the nice guy at the gas station gave me a jump. It would just turn over, wouldn't fire at all. So I let it sit about 10 min, tried again, no luck. Called my cousin, and told him to start heading that way with his trailer. So I get off the phone and try to push start it, and after about 12-15 attempts it finally starts and runs perfectly. So with my cousin on his way there, I just let it sit and idle. By the time he got there it was running at about 235* with the fan going, and it was starting to spit and sputter a little. I rode it about 5 miles to my cousins where it died idleing in his driveway. Then it wouldn't start again. :2hard So I gave up on it, I'm working a 30 hour shift starting tomorrow at 6am so I just left the bike there for him to mess with (bike mechanic). Hopefully he can pin point what the problem is, it runs awesome too. It just sometimes doesn't want to start for shit. Anybody have any ideas or similar problems?

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
my buddy had a problem just like that with his 90 750. It was the carbs needed to be cleaned and rebuilt.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
skibum91 said:
my buddy had a problem just like that with his 90 750. It was the carbs needed to be cleaned and rebuilt.
Yeah I cleaned mine out last winter, it looks like I'll be doing it again. Maybe a little premature.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
It is most likely a jetting/carburation problem.

It CAN be a fuel pump problem though, It is easy to check if you have a manual, and worth the effort before rebuilding a tuning the carbs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i had same prob

I had the same problem on my 94 750 gixxer the fuel tap kept on flooding the engine.I changed it and problem went and bike seemed quicker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts