Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning (or evening) all,

In the absence of a wiring diagram (600 K1), does anyone know the pinouts for the dash module into the main loom? I have a dead anaolgue needle and no digital display. Neutral light works though. The dash was working when I got the bike last week but would flicker and reboot so I'm hoping it's just a bad connection somewhere but want to check it's getting 12v.

If I end up replacing the dash, is it possible to correct the mileage? Is it read from the ECU and will adjust automatically or is it flashed into the dash itself?

One more thing, how do you change temperature readout from °F to °c?

Thanks in advance.

· Token Canuck
32,186 Posts
You can derive the pin out from the electrical schematics in the manual. You can download one here. It is a safe site, I have used it many times.

Corrosion is a good assessment. The connector between the main and front harness behind the headlight is usually the culprit. I am guessing that is what you want to pin out. Use a little DI-electric grease in the connection after you clean it to help water proof it.

Have a good check in your grounds too. if your pin out shows that more than one circuit is a problem switch over to chasing grounds for a bit.

I don’t have an answer about the mileage but I do know the Celsius/Fahrenheit question has been addressed on here but don’t recall the final outcome.

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm, wiring diagrams aren't great on the CS copy. I've had a look in my stash but I only have the US & Canada wiring diagram. Do you know if there's much difference to the UK wiring? Or does anyone have a UK wiring diagram I could copy?

· Administrator
12,444 Posts
I worked out the pinouts for my K6 750 a while back using the schematic and some other information in the manual as Tin said.

Suzuki seems to be pretty consistent with wiring codes and functions over the years and the cluster on the K6 gets power from both the fuel and the ignition fuse circuits as I recall. Loosing just one of those causes the symptom you describe (backlight but no tach or LCD display). The neutral light and high beam indicator continue to work as they are just a bulb in the cluster not really in the main circuitry. Otherwise, I think you are on the right track.

The mileage is only stored in the cluster, the ECM is pretty stupid.

As far as syncing the replacement to your actual miles, I've only heard of bluegauges dot com. I don't know anything about them besides they've been around for at least a decade. I don't think you will need the service anyway.

Reactions: MadisonMotorsportUK

· Administrator
12,444 Posts
Just took a look at my notes and the cluster gets power from the "fuel" fuse and the "signal" fuse (not the ignition fuse that I said earlier)

On the K6 if the signal fuse was pulled, there was no back lighting, tach or LCD. If the fuel fuse was pulled then there will be back light, neutral turn indicator and bright indicator but no tach boot up or LCD numbers.

If it helps, the "fuel" power wire at the cluster on the K6 is the Red/black striped wire.

Reactions: MadisonMotorsportUK

· Registered
615 Posts
One more thing, how do you change temperature readout from °F to °c?
When you turns ignition on, then dash will test show all signs on LED screen. If your dash does not show the C° and F° sign simultaneously during starting up then your dash cant be changed between C° and F°

Do you know if there's much difference to the UK wiring? Or does anyone have a UK wiring diagram I could copy?
Usually UK and other EU country has an immo implemented and has more strictly eco restrictions like an O2 sensor implementation. Others are the same as in US/Canada

If I end up replacing the dash, is it possible to correct the mileage? Is it read from the ECU and will adjust automatically or is it flashed into the dash itself?
I would read the shop manual for details of the dash replace operation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts