Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious on how many riders are gonna be heading down to Bike week this year? I think its from March 4th - the 13'th of 05. I just reserved a hotel room from the 4th to the 8th. The rest of the days i can just drive up there since im only about 30 mins away.

kre8

·
Registered
938 Posts
I plan on being down there from thursday the 8th through to sunday. Let me know what your plans are. The onl thing I have planned is going to the AMA's on the 9th. Other than that it's wide open.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
from what I know right now i'm gonna be riding with my dad and uncle. they have harley's. a sporster 1200XLC, and a dyna wide glide pretty nice bikes but they weren't for me. not yet atleast. But if you dont mind riding with a couple of H.O.G members then it's all good.

kre8

·
Registered
938 Posts
ya, don't mind at all. Someday, maybe in a galaxy far far away, I might be riding one of those. Actually I was building a custom till my bro got me into sport bikes. He might end up there if he gets his bike by then. He totaled his last one, 04 gsxr 600. A few friends might end up going from richmond, not sure for now. Did you plan on hitting the AMA's? I think I will be going that sunday, I put the wrong day down.

·
Registered
320 Posts
If I can crash with you I will come down to Daytona.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've lived in Cntrl FL for 3 years now going on 4 and every year I hear about bike theift during bike week. I mean with or with out bike week if they want your bike they are gonna get it. I guess maybe that's why alot of the locals just tow there bikes or ride there bikes there day by day. I know we are gonna be staying at the ocean walk resort and hopefully everything is gonna be ok. But like I said if they want it they are gonna get it no matter what. Thieves stop at no extent for something they want!

kre8

·
Registered
544 Posts
oh there are tons of hotels the farther away from the center of the strip the cheaper just do like a search online for hotels in daytona. The most expensive one is probably the plaza it has the club 600 attached to it. But The best hotel is the holiday inn on the beach it was only like 100 bucks a night and i had a living room a huge king sized bed in another room a fridge a jacuzzi and a shower it was sweet

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You know I don't think I have ever seen the plaza or maybe just have never noticed it. But good to know where club 600 is at now i've heard about it from people at work but just never knew where the hell it was. But i'm gonna be staying near the old adams mark which is now a hilton hotel. The place i'm staying at is Ocean Walk Resort. Funny how much the pricing changes during bike week.

·
Registered
544 Posts
ya that's right there by it adams mark is pretty much in the center too. Last spring break we got a hotel way down the strip but it would take us an hour to walk to where everything was but once you're drunk it's not that bad.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cody said:
ya that's right there by it adams mark is pretty much in the center too. Last spring break we got a hotel way down the strip but it would take us an hour to walk to where everything was but once you're drunk it's not that bad.

Really? Holly shit I've never noticed it, damn maybe I should try looking next time when I turn on A1A. Well i'm looking forward to my first bike week i've been around it b4 but never on a bike. always that one idiot driving around that nasty ass traffic. Does anyone know what I can use to make .wmv's? I'm thinking of taking my video camera with me and have my wife record while riding.

·
Registered
12 Posts
there is a group of about 15 of us going down....im bringin my 04 gsxr 1000....first time in Fla. in a long ass time....i work for hilton hotels...so i got me a room at the hilton garden inn from the 10 to the 13... any body wanna ride??? :welcome: leaving on thursday morning the 10 around 10am...from north of dayton

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.