Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i emailed the local shop around here to see if they had a used gixxer...

I received an email today that said "yeah we have a 2000 gsxr 600 that is in good shape and is piped.... we could give it too ya for $5,999"

Right.................................................................... :funny: I left him a message saying " being that the 2000 600 retails at $4,655, I think ill pass"

:headshake :headshake

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Not surprising. And retail value is not a good way to judge the value on the bike. Alot of "us" are dumb, and seeing as how the gsxr is THE bike to have, price isnt an issue. My brothers friend bought a 2000 750 for 7000$ wrecked. Hmm yes smart child he is. But hey gotta get a gix!

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Heck, I'll sell ya my '01 1K for 7500. It has a pipe on it too. HAHA

·
Registered
59 Posts
LittleFoot said:
So i emailed the local shop around here to see if they had a used gixxer...

I received an email today that said "yeah we have a 2000 gsxr 600 that is in good shape and is piped.... we could give it too ya for $5,999"

Right.................................................................... :funny: I left him a message saying " being that the 2000 600 retails at $4,655, I think ill pass"

:headshake :headshake
was it in Monroe? cause that sound like my bike that i was going to trade in there. was black blue and chrome D&D pipe 2400miles they were going to give me $3100, sold it for $4200

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol,,,,,, This is at andersons, in bloomfeild.. yeah im lookin for a new bike, but im not gunna be able to buy it for another month or so

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Keep in mind that if a person comes in looking for a used bike, and are unfamiliar with common prices, high used bike prices can help them to sell the new bikes.

"Sir, for only $1500 more than the 02 model, you can have the 05."

I doubt I'll ever buy a used bike from a dealer. I prefer to find a seller that's in a bind and really needs to sell their bike fast :)

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Engloid said:
Keep in mind that if a person comes in looking for a used bike, and are unfamiliar with common prices, high used bike prices can help them to sell the new bikes.

"Sir, for only $1500 more than the 02 model, you can have the 05."

I doubt I'll ever buy a used bike from a dealer. I prefer to find a seller that's in a bind and really needs to sell their bike fast :)

TRUE!! that would be a good tactic, SO IS ANYONE IN A BIND.....HAHA :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.