Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasn't that an awesome race!?

In the last few laps, MM93 passed Bagnaia 7 times! Only to be passed right back by Bagnaia!

Everytime, MM would dive to the inside, and just about everytime then go WAY wide because he early apexed to go inside and pass.
Then everytime, Bagnaia would run the faster line, LATE apex and have more exit speed and pass MM right away again.

Suzuki DID take the 3rd spot on the podium however, holding off Espargaro who finished several seconds behind Mir.

Quaterpounder did muster an 8ht place.

Rins 12th?

Why did I think C. Crutchlow had quit or retired or something?

Reactions: Spyder13

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
It was a slow burner with a great finale, that's for sure. I was really worried MM was going to crash both himself and Bagnaia. I was happily proven wrong.

Kind of disappointed in Fabulous Fabio, I guess when the grid is that competitive, a small nuance has large consequences.

Mr. Crashlow did retire. With the Maverick Vinales drama, Yamaha reinstated Crutchlow on Mav's bike.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was happy with Mir's finish.
Didn't he start from the 3rd row? Rins moved up too.

·
Premium Member
1,532 Posts
Yep I watched it, was a really good show but could have been better for Team Suzuki. Would be nice to see Mir & Rins both on the podiums again but both on the podium at the same time would be nice too.

Reactions: Todd_Sails

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All those last passes were a classic example of why usually late apexing in better overall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts