Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
I would not run the race only baffle as if you use this it would allow more particles and such into your motor versus a street version. At the track there is not as much trash thru the air as you would pick up on the street.

·
Registered
108 Posts
the street filter is going to be compairable to the k&n filters ... the race filter is going to let more air into your engine to get more horsepower out of your engine.. but like audi said it is also going to allow more dirt and dust particles in your engine... I would definately stay away from the race filter if you are in a very dust area..

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
I use the BMC race but I know the consequences of using it. It pretty much filters as well as cheese cloth will filter. You will get more power but run the chance of also doing damage to your motor because of dust and sand. If you just want a reusable filter the bmc street or the k&n, they are about the same.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
gixxerk1 said:
btw, is the k&n really worth it? Is there a noticable diff?
On the new bikes, the stock fpanel filter breathes just about the same as the K&N. The K&N is a wet filter though, and I blieve catches more fine particles, even though it breathes equal. Not to mention it is washable so worth the money to me.

On old SRADs that had the funky cottony filter and a shitty airbox design, the K&N was VERY worth it, as it did add performance then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.