Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My carbs have 2 112.5 jets and 2 other sized ones. I can't tell what size are the other ones are. Is this the way it came, stock? If so, what size are the other ones? Thanks!

·
SuperMod of the North
26,685 Posts
Is it running well? Are you still stock air box and exhaust? Do you know what carbs you have? What is the plan, are you rejetting?

You can find the 91 microfiche here. My '89 1100 manual includes all years for the generation from '89 to '91 - I am hoping the 750's also were grouped the same.

This may also be helpful depending on what carb you have. Poke around on the carlsalter site for other goodies. It is safe to download from there. I have some manuals on a thumb drive somewhere, I will check it when I get home.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
They did that from the factory for smoother transition, and cylinder cooling. My '95 750 was 115, and 117.5 stock. I am running 117.5 across the board now. As you SHOULD look this up to verify, my bet would be you are at 112.5, and 115 stock.
It depends on what mods have been done to the bike, as to what jets you will need to put in them. They typically left the factory a little lean for emission purposes.

Do you still have the stock airbox installed?
Do you have a stock, or K&N filter in it?
Does it have an after market exhaust, or muffler?
Do the carbs have adjustable needles?
Answer these questions for me, and I can help you get it really close. You can fine tune from there.

Reactions: Tinsnips

·
SuperMod of the North
26,685 Posts
Spyder is the carb guru. Set me on the right path.

To clarify, he is talking about carbs 1&4 being 115 and 2&3 being 117.5.

Reactions: Spyder13

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Correct. Some bikes will run great sticking with the staggered jetting, other will prefer to have the same all the way across. Depends again on what mods are done to it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok. I have stock airbox, no mods to it , stock style air filter. Regular Yosh header with Hindle muffler. Adjusrable needles. Location L.A. Cal. Planning to leave as a daily driver. So outers would be the leaner jets?

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Ok, Cali bikes were set leaner. I would try 115's across all of them, with your needle set at the middle groove. 2-1/4 turns out on the mixture screws. See where that get's you for a solid base line.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have 115 all across and when I rev it, i throws out dark exhaust and is hard to rev up. What should I try now, the staggered jetting? I did have 112 and some other one in there.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Lower your needles one notch. If it still seems too rich from there, put 112.5's in all four carbs, and put your needles back to the 3rd notch. It's a process to get them dialed in. Sounds like you are almost there.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
I would start with dropping the needle one groove (if you haven't already done that). If you are still too rich, then drop a jet size, and raise the needle back to the middle, and keep going from there. Tuning these carbs is a process. There isn't a solid answer from one bike to another.

·
SuperMod of the North
26,685 Posts
I agree with Spyder, dropping the needles is pretty easy and quick. Drop the jet size when you run out of adjustment room with the current set up. No matter what changes you make - only make one change at a time then test. I made a couple changes at once and got so lost I had to baseline and start over.

Reactions: Spyder13

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Dropping the needle leans out the mid range. If you think you are too rich all the way at the top, then drop a jet size across all four carbs. I think you said you have 115's in there now? Drop down to 112.5's.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I went ahead and put in 112 all 4. I then tried revving it and it wouldn't rev probably over 5k. I'm guessing at rpm's because my tach don't work. I did not mess with needles ,as it used to rev normal months ago when I last messed with it. Are the mains and the pilot jet the only things that get plugged up when sitting for months?

·
SuperMod of the North
26,685 Posts
Spyder can correct me but I suspect you are going to have to raise your needles to the 3rd notch. They are kicking in supplying fuel at about that RPM I believe. A flat spot there may mean it is not enough fuel.

You may want to make sure your emulsion tubes are not gummed up. They feed fuel to the opening governed by the needles if I understand it correctly.

Pilot jets are smallest and plug easily. If it is starting and idling they are likely clear.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
So you have had these carbs out a few times, and haven't cleaned them?

Ok, we need a good base line. You are working much harder than you need to. Pull them out. take them apart. Run a guitar string through EVERY hole you can find. ESPECIALLY all the tiny holes in the emulsion tubes. When you are putting them back together, stick with the 112.5's (STOP) Are you using genuine Mikuni jet's or are you using Dynojet jet's? This is important because they are a completely different sizing index.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I bumped up to 3rd from the bottom. these are 5 position needles,btw. It seems the same really, but this time it seems to do like a "brrr" sound and stumbles then revs up poorly then backfires. Something like that. Didn't refresh page before posting this. I'm using mikuni jets.Te mains are brand new,0 miles and the pilots have been cleaned. The emulsions not.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here's the worst looking tube. A few holes outta all 4 did seem plugged. I accidentaly left the key on and drained the battery quite a bit. charging it now......

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts