Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a track day coming up next saturday the 6th of July. This is my first time out with a now dedicated track bike and its taken me longer than expected to get it pieced together. Im still awaiting one of those gel type custom cut seat pads. Im afraid that with 4th of july next week it might not make it to me in time. Anybody ever do a diy set pad for a bike with track fairings? Just need it to hold me over for this first day of my already shortened season.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Get some foam and marine vinyl, take either a piece of plastic or couple pieces of cardboard and cut it to the shape of what you want, glue the foam on top and then wrap the marine vinyl around it and staple it to the bottom. If you use a heat gun while you stretch the vinyl it makes it easier to put on, can also use a hairdryer. You should be able to get the stuff you need from walmart for around $20 or less.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the idea man. I ended up just ordering a square cut it yourself type one on amazon prime. I couldnt find one at first so thats why i asked here but just had to look a little harder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts