Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealer just mounted an Akrapovic slip on for me. Now I read the manual and it says the Lamda sensor must be checked after installation and the fuel ratio must be increased by 10% to prevent the motor from running lean and therefore to prevent engine damage! Do I nead to do that? If yes, how do I do that? I always thought the system automatically ajusts the ratio.

·
Premium Member
9,268 Posts
You shouldn't need to adjust the A/F ratio with a slip-on. A full system, yes, or on those bikes equipped with oxygen sensors, install an aftermarket wide-band oxygen sensor/controller, which does a better job than the stock Suzuki system.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
against the law where do you live and how would they know u got one:headscrat
I was considering installing one, too. But as a matter of fact, here we have to bring all vehicles for inspection every 2 years. They thoroughly go through every inch of the bike and fine me if I have anything illegal. I could install one, but I'd have to remove it prior to every inspection. Furthermore, my full coverage insurance wouldn't pay a penny if there is an engine tuning device installed :headshake

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.