Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
he uses the switch to turn it off so it would be easier to start like in colder weather since the TRE fools the GPS its in another gear when its on.
I don't see what the purpose of a TRE on a 600 if it is not restricted

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Yes it does work, doesnt do much on any of them, but makes a difference in engine braking and midrange torque.

I have seen a dyno run with one and it picked up about 2 hp across the midrange, but dropped .1 peak.

It is more for engine braking and rough idle though. Doesnt make a huge difference but it is so cheap why not just do it.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Thor32766 said:
how about the install pretty simple?
If you get the one with the stock connectors, like the one from gixxer.com then yea, all you have to do is plug the switch in, the plug you have to get to is under the gas tank, very simple.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
another quick question, i see on ebay that one of auctions had a TRE and Pair valve. Do i need to buy the one that is only the TRE, because isnt the pair valve for the 1000's only. and i am of course putting this on a 600.
thanks again

·
Registered
6,980 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
problem with install from bugman

I followed the directions to a tee but i think that the instructions might be misleading.

On my 02 600 the wires going into the GPS are red, black/brown and green/yellow.

In the tre instructions it states to cut the pink wire and the black/white wire.

I know that bugman had a 1k. Is there any difference in the color of wires between the 600 and the 1000??

I went out and bought all the right equipment from radio shack-a 15k resistor, a 275-695 dpdt red rocker switch and all the nesessary wires and connectors.

I didn't notice any drop in idle after the switch was on or off and the ride felt the same as stock.

Anyone know if the wires are diff colors??

thanks. :thumbup:

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
audi1031 said:
he uses the switch to turn it off so it would be easier to start like in colder weather since the TRE fools the GPS its in another gear when its on.
I don't see what the purpose of a TRE on a 600 if it is not restricted
Wrong...1,2,3,4, and 6 are restricted by the stock ECU map. 5th is unrestricted. Topend is not restricted...like a Busa if that's what you mean.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
FI only

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.