Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
will sliders protect my stator cover or crank or are they just for protecting my fairings. Do they make a good product? What is the difference between plastic and polished (performance wise) I know they look different. Ive been to there website but I didnt find it very helpful. Plus you guys seem to know everything ! This site is pretty good so far!

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
yellowmattman said:
will sliders protect my stator cover or crank or are they just for protecting my fairings. Do they make a good product? What is the difference between plastic and polished (performance wise) I know they look different. Ive been to there website but I didnt find it very helpful. Plus you guys seem to know everything ! This site is pretty good so far!
I have heard from others that the No -cut slider where the bracket that makes it a no cut snaps when bike is laid on that side? I don't have any on my bike but will purchase some this year. I seen some of those 905 cages that stunters use and would figure if you really wanted to protect your bike that those would be the best thing. Oh I never heard of the sliders your talking about

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Ok first off they are called "Frame Sliders" for a reason, there purpose is to protect your frame. They can also protect your plastics a little bit, and case covers, but its not for sure that it will protect that stuff, they are made to protect your frame.

Second, I wouldn't get the polished, because metal is going to be more prone to sticking to the pavement, than the plastic ones. And I've used the ones with the NO cut bracket (made by intuitive) and have wrecked on them before, and had no problem with them breaking, not sure about the other brands though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I wrecked on my 98 ZX9R and the tab where the slider was, broke. The sliders were "no cut" but on the ZX9 you take one of the fairing screws out and replace it with the slider. So its not like it was screwed into the frame, it was screwed into a "tab" on the frame. Just something to look for. Im going to be putting sliders on this year and have to take a look at the set up. This is the first GIXXR iv owned.

·
Registered
522 Posts
i have some shogun sliders for the frame and swingarm. i havnt layed it at high speed but if did fall in my garage once. nocut bracket was fine, fairing was untouched and stator cover had a small scratch in it. shogun is made of that delrin stuff (aka fancy plastic). Pretty good prices on ebay. and the bolts for them replace the engine mount tab bolts. its sturdy and strong. if u lay it down super hard its either the bolt or the tab that snaps if anything is going to snap. just depends on how much force. if ur stunting ive seen them snap right off. if ur stunting use a down graded bolt so that u know the bolt will snap before ur mount tab snaps. cause another bolt is cheap and welding a tab isnt lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.