Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was good...? Im Muk up n northern va....I just got my bike on Aug 9th....Since it is completely stock,(COMPLETELY) i was wondering whats mods shoud i get down to the bike after i get the flush mounts and all the good stuff...By the way, i have a yellow 04 gixxer 600....I was looking into purchasing an exhaust for my bike, but i was wondering if a exhaust system vs a slip on made any difference on a 600 besides the sound....

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Exhaust

The stock pipes are way too quiet. Whatever exhaust you go with is better than stock, it will be lighter and give you a little more kick. The louder exhaust can save your life!!! If they can't see ya at least they can hear ya and know a bike is coming. :thumbup:

Three things I would do first:

1. exhaust slip-on or full
2. air filter, K&N or BMC
3. TRE

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have the 04 gsxr750,yellow and black. I love the Hindle full race exhaust. Also get some braided stainless steel brake lines. I also put just put a set of Pirelli Diablo Corsa's, these tires are the best I have riden on the street with, I love em. This is just my .02

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Hindle make a DAMN NICE sounding pipe, and it makes good power, for a relatively low price usually. VERY popular with the racers.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
Motojoe_23 said:
Hindle make a DAMN NICE sounding pipe, and it makes good power, for a relatively low price usually. VERY popular with the racers.
+1 :thumbup: That's what I've got on my street and race bike. About a year ago CCPperformance.com had full Hindles for $499 shipped and $525 high mount shipped. Now Hindle has risen in price but still way less than the competition and makes great power when mapped correctly.

·
Registered
40 Posts
JFM GSXR 750 said:
The stock pipes are way too quiet. Whatever exhaust you go with is better than stock, it will be lighter and give you a little more kick. The louder exhaust can save your life!!! If they can't see ya at least they can hear ya and know a bike is coming. :thumbup:
Amen to that, I went with a Yosh pipe and everyone says they can hear me coming.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
is it possible to use a diff. slip/bolt on with the Hindle header? like say.....a dual outlet BLUE FLAME?????? hahah

·
Registered
522 Posts
muk said:
I guess what im asking is, is there a dramatic difference in horsepower and sound if i put a slip-on on vs a bolt on...?
There is no difference between a slip-on and a bolt-on. The terms are interchangeable.

AJ

·
Registered
300 Posts
I think by bolt-on he means full system, i.e. header, pipe and can. To answer your question Muk, yes there is a power difference. You can achieve upwards of 10 hp with a full system. A slip-on may give you only 1-2 hp. If you're looking for power, and not just sound, save and get a full system.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.