Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does Yosh. Tri-oval TRS "high exit" do away with peg?

I ordered my Yosh. tri-oval trs with racing baffel today. Its a high exit pipe. I started thinking about it, does it do away with my rear peg? Does anyone have a yosh. high or mid "exit" pipe that actually knows how this is going to work?

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
i'm almost positive that it leaves it alone.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called the retailer and he said its called a "high-exit" not a high mount.
Kenny is your considered a high exit? it doesnt really look any higher than
stock really. I was thinking mybe the high exit simply ment that the angle of
the pipe was slightly higher on the end, than stock. I sure dont want to loose my foot peg back there.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Yeah i've seen the "high exit". You're forced to lose the rear pegs. It's not exactly like other high mounts (devil, m4, etc.) Whicn goes between the pegs right underneath and beside the undertail. ONly difference is it's tilted at a higher angel...like towards the sky. Which forces you to omit the rear pegs.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
That shit pisses me off! Out of all the websites I looked at that sold the high exit yosh. pipes, none of them had a notation that you will lose use of the rear pegs. Even the yosh. site and there product manuals at the retailer didnt say that crap! Now I've got a freaking pipe on the way that im not going to pay for. I was able to contact indysuperbike whom told me that they have the exact same slip on in a standard mount that would allow me to keep my pegs. Man, nothing ever goes right for me when I save up money for something. I just dread telling my friend at the shop that i cant use the high exit pipe.

Yosh. needs to get with the freaking program and simplify there product names with what they are. I mean dang, a pipe being a TRS or a RS-3, ultimatley has little to do with the sound of the pipe. It all boils down to which baffel it has in it. Is it a Racing, or a zyclone, thats the biggest difference. Why does yosh. not make a specific model that is strictly racing and a model that is zyclone? And dam put codes in your freaking sales books that tell you when you have to loose the rear foot pegs... I bet theres alot of guys and gals out there that simply bought a yosh. pipe thinking that there all the same, then suddenly found out that there pipe isnt quite as loud as the one they heard the other day.

Ok i feel alittle better now. :infrandom

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GSXR...34284QQitemZ4501087964QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Hmmm, I think you might have been wrong on the foot peg being removed to allow this slip-on to work. The above ebay post shows a high-exit slip on with the foot peg still attached. I think the mid pipe is actually a little longer and allows the higher angle pipe to still mount to the footpeg. Looking pretty encouraging... i sure hope so...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Those Bastards!

Troy,

Thank you for your interest in Yoshimura Products.

Yes, a high exit exaust will do away with the rear passanger peg on the exaust side of the bike.

If you have any further questions or when you're ready to order, please give us a call at 800.634.9166.

Don't forget to visit our website www.yoshimura-rd.com. Follow the links to the new Online Store.

Regards,

Yoshimura Sales Team

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.