Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I took off my Ivans TRE today just to see how big of a difference there was. I think it made my 041k run bad compared to stock. It seems that when I had it on it was very doggy below 4 grand and I dont think it made my throttle any smoother. As if it needs to be smoother anyways. I rode about 25 miles without it and it seemed like it had alot more get up and go then with it. Does anyone else agree with this. Sucks though that I paid 70 bucks for this thing and I only used it about 100 miles.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
no, I had a diff. experience mine works just fine. The only time they dont work right is when you got the wrong size resistor.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
The only problem I have with mine is that it idles a bit off when cold. It died once after a cold startup, but I typically crank it and don't rev it till it warms up. Prior to the mod, it never died and would hold a steady cold idle.

·
Registered
543 Posts
i always tell everyone the adjust the idle to 1200rpm's after adding on a TRE makes a world of a diff on startups if your having problems at all w/ them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
alot of times people expect the TRE to fix air-fuel problems like the off ide flat spots that occur allot in bussa's and some gsxr's

·
Registered
543 Posts
Dirty Don said:
alot of times people expect the TRE to fix air-fuel problems like the off ide flat spots that occur allot in bussa's and some gsxr's
your right alot of people do think that....they just need a custom map.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
drgnframe24 said:
what is the tre mod and what bikes does it get done to. like year and whatnot. thanks
Timing Retard Eliminator, yes you should get one and the switchable one. GSXR's and Busa's after 2000 i think. Suzuki makes there bikes retarded to start with. they are easy to install, and there are about a 100 threads on this sight to show you how to make and install. (i bought mine form gixxer.com) not a huge diff when you install but noticeable and worth it.

·
Registered
543 Posts
drgnframe24 said:
what is the tre mod and what bikes does it get done to. like year and whatnot. thanks
it allows your pistons to hit top dead center for better combustion or should i say full combustion and less engine down tourqing in the first three gears and also eliminates the 186mph. speed limiter on the 1K, this was something suzuki did for emissions or looping reasons...i know it can be put on any zuk 600-750-1K-Busa.....00' and up and i believe on the 750 it can go back to 97' scroll threw a few pages of tech forum and you'll find a full report on the T.R.E. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
i installed a switchable on mine and I might be tradin it in at the beggining of next year. i should just take off before i trade, but do the dealers give you shit or anything if you don't take it off?

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
rkrummel01 said:
it allows your pistons to hit top dead center for better combustion or should i say full combustion and less engine down tourqing in the first three gears and also eliminates the 186mph. speed limiter on the 1K, this was something suzuki did for emissions or looping reasons...i know it can be put on any zuk 600-750-1K-Busa.....00' and up and i believe on the 750 it can go back to 97' scroll threw a few pages of tech forum and you'll find a full report on the T.R.E. :thumbup:
Yo, Krum, get me that addy so I can get mine.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I bought an Ivan's TRE (too lazy to make one) and called them prior to installing it.

They said:
It would disable the top speed limiter.
It may make the idle fluctuate a bit.
It would make low rpm roll-ons a bit smoother.
It would reduce engine braking.

As for the only somewhat negative thing they mentioned (idle issues), they said that slight changes to mapping would take care of it. They said that it was a 5 min job and that they didn't even charge money to do it if you brought the bike to them. Maybe all they do is bump the idle up a couple hundred...I dunno.

·
Registered
543 Posts
wickmaster said:
Yo, Krum, get me that addy so I can get mine.
pm me your address and i'll send it out no charge, it's just been settin here waiting for a home. don't worry bout the cash, it was only a few bucks in parts and shipping should be dirt cheap. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
rkrummel01 said:
pm me your address and i'll send it out no charge, it's just been settin here waiting for a home. don't worry bout the cash, it was only a few bucks in parts and shipping should be dirt cheap. :thumbup:
Sweet man!!! Thanks!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
543 Posts
drgnframe24 said:
i went to radio shack and they only had 10k and 22k resistors. where else can i go. where did everybody get theres.
you can put 2gether a combonation of resistors as long as it totals the ohms your looking for, in your case you could do a 10K and a 5K soldered 2gether, but if ya don't feel safe doing it that way go back to radio shack and buy the i think it's $5.99 pack and there should be 5 or 6 15K ohm resistors in there and there is a chart on the back of the pack that tells u which color band are equal to what part of the resistance, so you can find the one your looking for. :arsenal i was just assuming you needed a 15K, same rules apply for the 6.8K resistor.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Black=0
Brown=1
Red=2
orange=3
yellow=4
green=5
blue=6
Violet=7
Gray=8
White=9
Remember two put together it matters parrell or series makes a difference.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts