Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if any one had any 1/4 times/speeds for a 04 1000? probally wont get a chance to get mine to the track this seson but will in the spring. just curiouse to see what people were averaging...thanks..rick

·
Registered
55 Posts
the best i have seen here in odessa is a 10.14 sec. in the 1/4 mile but that is at 3,800 feet above sea level. I have seen the same bike that ran a 10.14 here run a 9.56 in O.K. city. So it kinda depends on what your air is like where your at.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool! im in ct so not too bad as far as elivation, ill be either at lebinon valley dragway in new york or english town new jersey which is a very fast track acually below sea level!

·
Registered
4 Posts
1/4 times

Hay I race a Atco raceway and e-town I have an 01 gsxr 1000 and at stock
but with a strap to hold the front down my best time was a 9.85. It took me
about 10 runs to get it. If you are a new rider but have a good feel for the bike you should be in the 9.90 range. As long as you can keep the front down to a minimum and pull 1.75 or better 60ft time.Rember on the track your safer than on the street.Good luck & have fun. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I am in NJ

I am in NJ,
Let me know when you guys go to E-Town.
I have been a couple of times on my 97 gsxr 750
With strap 10.3 is my best
I am still a beginner on the 1/4
would love to meet you guys, and watch and learn!!

Chris

[email protected]

·
Registered
258 Posts
friend of mine here in south ga was running on a 2004 1000 stock..

6.32 in the 1/8th
9.98 in the 1/4mile

hooked all nite great track and mid 60's air temp..

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sweet times, thanks for feed back! cant wait for spring, i hate winter... gonna get to the track soon. hopefully will have more mods done by then also :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been running a 2000 ZRX1100 punched out to a 1363cc and now also have a 2004 1000GSXR stretcehed 6" with the 240 tire kit and polished wheels, anyway the Kaw ran flat 6's and had many 03 1000's staying with me well down the track for the 1/8th mile. I beleive the 100 or more pounds lighter Zuuk will be a lot faster.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New 04 GSXR 1000

:hmmm: I don't know what the new Zuuk will do, I am still breaking her in. So far I've done a 6" over stock, "Trac" swing arm with the double loop, lowered her as low as she will go with out scraping, put on a set of Polished aluminum R/C wheels and re mapped the shit out of it. It runs awesome. I hit the first break in point, 500 miles, in Daytona last week and started to hit the 9000 rpm mark and boy she pulls TOUGH!!! More to come soon. If this damn snow would go away I could do a small trip to finish break in and start running some times at the local Mooresville, NC track.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts