Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it happened today my 750 was dropped on it's side. Funny thing is I wasn't riding it, My dad was sitting on it trying to put the kickstand down and I guess he lost his balance and there it went. Nothing major just the front turn signal went in pulled it back out just have to get it sitting in there right again. Right fairing was a little scratched, and the exaust can was scuffed at the point where it bolts on. Now this is where I have my question...Is the steering affected in an way since it was dropped? If someone can help me out with this question.

TIA

kre8

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok well thanks for the info...I just rode it about 30 mins ago around the neighborhood and it felt a little bit stiff but I think that just could be from the cold. Getting kinda chilly down here in Cntrl FL what is it like 66 degs. If i lived back home in Chgo, I would have been in shorts and a tee shirt.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
What the hell is Chgo?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I low sided mine at about 60 and didn't do much to the steering.. i just through one of the clip-ons out of alignment.... it was a very easy fix... I don't think that just tipping over would do any damage to the steering... it may not have even hit the handle bar since it fell on the can side..

I think Chgo is Chicago... But I'm not sure how warm it is there.. always here about the wind...

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wickmaster said:
What the hell is Chgo?
Umm Chgo, does mean Chicago. But last I heard it was about 30 degs over there at night. Crap and i'm freezing here in FL (Florida) when it's 66 degs. I guess i'm already use to the weather here and i've only been here for almost 4 years.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
kre8 said:
Umm Chgo, does mean Chicago. But last I heard it was about 30 degs over there at night. Crap and i'm freezing here in FL (Florida) when it's 66 degs. I guess i'm already use to the weather here and i've only been here for almost 4 years.
Your first post kinda lost me when you said you would be walking around in shorts. Now I know.

·
Registered
23 Posts
if you are doubtfull, simply lift the bike with a stem stand and loosen the fork clamps, ( pinch bolts). top and bottom. then tightrn them back up. they will ceter themselves.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What's up guys. Just bought a 2005 Gixxer 750 (blue/white) and was wondering where I can mail order a set of sliders. About how much do they go for and should I buy some for the swing arms also?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
:welcome: to the site man, enjoy! :thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts