Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Bought my first gsxr yesterday and soon as I left the lot my back end fishtailed and I fell. All in less that 10 seconds. I had frame damage of course. But my main concern is the huge oil leak. They said the part needed is the stator cover but they also said it might be more damage done than just the oil leak like the forks being bent. My ? Is do you guys think that’s possible from a simple fall because I’ve seen plenty ppl crash way worse and their bikes were still perfectly fine and ride able

·
Registered
55 Posts
What year bike and was it brand new or used? Sounds like a lot of damage for just pulling out lowsiding. You get hurt badly?

·
Super Moderator
8,884 Posts
Are you sure the didn't say something like the forks are tweaked?

Frequently when then the handlebar or bar end hits the ground the forks get twisted in the upper and lower triples. They usually spring back into alignment when you loosen the pinch bolts.

Reactions: Todd_Sails

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
How fast were you going when you fishtailed? I wouldn’t have thought the frame would be damaged from a low speed drop? Did the bike roll after the accident?

Hope you’re ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My bad I’m late but I slid a good 7-10 feet but I’m ok luckily I had riding gear. First time ever since I been riding I out riding gear on. But I was only going about 10-15 mph it happened in the middle of my turn. I didn’t even straighten the bike up. The rear wheel fishtailed to the left and threw me off and I went sliding and my bike was sliding right after me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope the forks or anything aren’t messed up. Is the stator cover being cracked what caused the oil leakage? Or could that have come from somewhere else? Only the left side made contact with the ground. I don’t know much about mechanics of motorcycles Ive been on YouTube trying to learn more lately. Im just hoping the damage is in the hundreds to fix and not THOUSANDS. I almost cried when I damaged my bike.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I hope the forks or anything arenâ€t messed up. Is the stator cover being cracked what caused the oil leakage? Or could that have come from somewhere else? Only the left side made contact with the ground. I donâ€t know much about mechanics of motorcycles Ive been on YouTube trying to learn more lately. Im just hoping the damage is in the hundreds to fix and not THOUSANDS. I almost cried when I damaged my bike.

If it’s just the stator cover that’s cracked, you’re looking at a couple of hundred $ to replace with OEM part. Don’t buy cheap knock off junk - others have had issues with them such as the starter motor not working.

What year/model bike is it?

Do you have any photos we could have a look at to see if we can see any other obvious damage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I have pictures but I don’t know how to post them. I have a 2012 Gsxr 750. Is the stator cover where oil leaks come from?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don’t think the forks are damaged. The only other obvious damage I see is the damage to the body. Left tail light fender hanging. And cracks on my windscreen and front fender. I don’t care about that because I’m ordering new fairings. I just want my baby to start up and be rideable this week. I haven’t owned a bike since 2017 I had to sit 2018 riding season down Mann I’m praying for great news. Always wanted a gsxr my first bike was a gay 2014 ninja 650.

·
Super Moderator
8,884 Posts
Yea I have pictures but I don’t know how to post them. I have a 2012 Gsxr 750. Is the stator cover where oil leaks come from?
It sounds like you just cracked or ground down the stator cover. A picture would help assess the degree of damage.

If you are on a desktop/laptop computer look for the paperclip icon in the middle of the top row of icons. click that, browse what you want to attach and upload the picture. You can insert the images or they will automatically tag to the end of your post.

I know you can attach pics from the phone app, but I don't use that so can't help you there.

·
Super Moderator
8,884 Posts
Or add me Snapchat @Zaytoven071 OR instagram Jake__fromstatefarmm <— 2 underscores
I found the account but it is private. You can also upload the pics to some other service and put a link here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts