Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was riding with my friends in NYC in china town... on our way bak into queens... i remember easing in on the grab for the front brake cuz we were coming to a stop at a red light... next thing i know i was picking myself up from the floor with a shooting stomach pain and my visor on my helmet gone...

my friends filled me in... my bike flipped onto its topside and and slide down the block... in the process of the flip it through me off so luckily the bike never landed on me or slid near me to bump or crush me... they all said i was lucky but some how i think i was foolish..

Damages to the bike was scrapes on the rear seat cowl, scrapes on the rear farring, front farring, might have flooded the engine since the bike was upside down and the stay bracket...

Injuries is a sprained wrist, road rash on my right knee and left elbow, and banged up both my knees pretty badly... still lucky to be here and lucky i had friends to help me out

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we still don't know wat happened... i might have panicked and grabbed the front break to hard or while i was easing into the front break i hit something.. nothing to confirm it.. tat sucks... i wish i took pictures but tat was the least thing on my mind

·
Registered
26 Posts
no, i didn't get rear ended... guess i paniced and grabbed the front brakes to hard and the brakes locked up and flipped me... might be because i have a six piston front brake caliper off a busa installed onto my 01 gsxr 600
yeah that must be it since you remember easing on the brake... dont think a stock brake setup would do that to you. unless you had the wrong spacing...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.