Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have the software for my pcII. Is there a way to map manually or a site to down load the info needed to change the performance. A friend tells me to choke it during every start. Another says its because it to rich. And if it take it off, will it go back to the bikes normal setting. And if so, is there something that is to go back in place of the commander. I have a 01 gsxr 750 and is almost impossible to do a roll on wheelie without dumping the clutch, But has hit 160 mph and still had room to run. Very fast bike but I would like a little more in the take off

·
Registered
6,980 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
You have a PC2
what goes in its place is the stock black computer and its is still located on your bike. What you would do to remove power commander is you would remove the plugs from it and plug the one left back into your black computer box and your done. Crank it up and go. Now ya need to find out what map is on the PC2 get laptop download program do get map then see which it is. Next you would save that map as Old map you had on bike or what ever name ya want then you would download the zero mapp which is a little better than stock map but is the same and see how bike works.
If you plug bike back to stock computer and still running rich than you may have other problems. Have you put your bike in Dealermode to see if any errors like tps sensor may be off and that can cause ya bike to be sluggish and such. If you want i will buy stinky old power commander off you (for little nothing of course). what mods on this bike

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i bought the bike with the yoshi exhaust, rear sprocket has been changed, it has a power retard, kn filter and for the record the pc is a kn pc2 by dynojet. the pc2 is under the back seat. where will the original computer box be.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
the original computer is under the front seat right next to the battery.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I dont think you ever actually said HOW the bike is running wrong. Removing the PCII will not hurt anything, It will just run off the intial settings.

If I were you I would take it to a dyno shop and get them to at least run it and tell you what you need. Then I would get a custom map, but that is me.

You cannot Dowload another map, unless

A: you have the software for the PCII (you can get it from powercommander.com)
B: you have a laptop to hook it to while it is in the bike, and a serial cable to use to connect it
C: you have a desktop powersupply for the Power commander so you can do it at your destop Pc....... which you can also buy from above website.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its not a matter or running bad. I just dont know why i was told to choke it every time i start it. If im looking at the pc in idle, it will read 'lean'. If i give it gas, it moves up in to the rich. shouldnt it start off in the neutral area at least. A friend told me today that they can remap at different bike shops. has anyone heard this. I might give that a try. But dont get me wrong. For a 750 it runs like a 900.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
yes you can get it mapped at other bike shops but if he hooks it up to the pc then he will not need "C"
also before you take to get tuned remember to tune up your bike before all this so you get your bike up to par and oil change.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
That read out is not how the bike is running, it is what the PCII is doing. It is leaning it out at idle, not the bike is running lean. It has no way to actully read AF ratios.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
keller92 said:
its not a matter or running bad. I just dont know why i was told to choke it every time i start it. If im looking at the pc in idle, it will read 'lean'. If i give it gas, it moves up in to the rich. shouldnt it start off in the neutral area at least. A friend told me today that they can remap at different bike shops. has anyone heard this. I might give that a try. But dont get me wrong. For a 750 it runs like a 900.
Thats just how the bars on the PC show no matter how they are set. That shows the throttle opening. If you want to see how the map is set for the different RPMS, get the manual or hook it up to a comp.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.