Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just finished helping a friend install a dynojet P/C on a 2009 750, the bike has a two brothers slip on pipe and i used the proper map that came with the unit but is there a different map i can use to make this bike faster??? he want's the thing to be out of control fast and i dont know if there is any other map that can be used to develop more power - i cant be the first person to think of this.

any sucess stories would be appreciated.

thanks!

·
The Honey Badger
11,975 Posts
:headscratMy 750 is plenty fast..A slip on and PC isnt going to make it out of control fast. A Busa and lots of cash will go fast. What kind of fast are we talking about here? Track, drag, top speed?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, we are just looking for the best map, the one that will increase the most with the limited amount of mods.

what i'm trying to do is see if anybody is using the heavily modded type of maps for a bike with just a slip on to see if they are successfull, if so what map is everybody using?

thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,268 Posts
This subject come up frequently. Until you get it tuned professionally, the best map to use is the stock map (zero map on the PC.) Any downloaded map is a pure crapshoot, regardless of how it purports to work for your bike. A custom tuned map is pushed against the performance envelope, and slight differences between bikes and engines will cause a map that works well on one bike to not work well at all on another bike with the same exact mod setup.

·
Registered
3 Posts
just finished helping a friend install a dynojet P/C on a 2009 750, the bike has a two brothers slip on pipe and i used the proper map that came with the unit but is there a different map i can use to make this bike faster??? he want's the thing to be out of control fast and i dont know if there is any other map that can be used to develop more power - i cant be the first person to think of this.

any sucess stories would be appreciated.

thanks!
its a 750,if he wanted outta control should have bought a 1000!! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
This subject come up frequently. Until you get it tuned professionally, the best map to use is the stock map (zero map on the PC.) Any downloaded map is a pure crapshoot, regardless of how it purports to work for your bike. A custom tuned map is pushed against the performance envelope, and slight differences between bikes and engines will cause a map that works well on one bike to not work well at all on another bike with the same exact mod setup.
Thats incorrect,a zero map is just that,stock everything,no fuel added,nothing. Even the downloaded maps are fine till a custom tune is done.

Remember the purpose of the unit is to add fuel for the more free flowing exhaust,so even with a downloaded map that at least is being achieved.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Getting a custom map is the only way to go. The downloaded ones are close but they wont be for the same elevation and temperatures that you will be riding in.

And in my opinion if your buddy dosent think his 750 is crazy fast then he probably dosent know how to ride it.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yep, A custom map will give you the biggest gains, best throttle response and help get the full potential from the less restrictive exhaust.

Why not change gearing (-1FRT / +2RR) while your are at it? The bike will accelerate harder and engine will spool up into the power band quicker. A set of sprockets and a new chain are relatively inexpensive and you will definitely notice a difference.

Tell him to take that motor over 10000RPM and see if it's still lacking. 600's and 750's like some RPM's.:)

·
Premium Member
14,135 Posts
Thats incorrect,a zero map is just that,stock everything,no fuel added,nothing. Even the downloaded maps are fine till a custom tune is done.

Remember the purpose of the unit is to add fuel for the more free flowing exhaust,so even with a downloaded map that at least is being achieved.
He knows this...trust me the Tee knows. Thats why he said what he said. A DLed map works great for a lot of ppl, it did for me. How ever for some it doesnt work at all. Its a crap shoot like the Tee said. Have a bike a lil different or live in a diff climate and it wouldnt work as good for you. Also generally these generic DLed maps are set up to run rich. They cant risk leaning you out and being to blame for damaged motors.

To the OP. Man it is what it is. I think the PC3 even with just a DLed map was the most noticeable mod Ive ever done. I have a custome tune now and that again woke my bike up like whoa. Its a pc3 tho, thats all its not motor work or NOS or a turbo its not gonna take a 750 and make it hunt busas.

·
Registered
494 Posts
To the OP. Man it is what it is. I think the PC3 even with just a DLed map was the most noticeable mod Ive ever done. I have a custome tune now and that again woke my bike up like whoa. Its a pc3 tho, thats all its not motor work or NOS or a turbo its not gonna take a 750 and make it hunt busas.[/QUOTE]

Depends... what kind of road are we talking about? And who's riding the 750?:)

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Sandman, What's up with these Digs of these old posts?
If you have a question, or something cool you'd like to share, by all means, start a new thread.

·
Registered
2020 suzuki gsxr600
41 Posts
I've gotten so tired of responding to, or resurrecting old threads that I don't even bother anymore. Only reason I popped in with this one is someone had to second Todd_sails comment.....cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts