Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Finished getting all of the Woolich parts installed, wired & soldered up & tucked in nice & neat. I haven't entered the header diameter & length into the WRT software yet but ordered a take-off stock exhaust off ebay that is schedulaed for delivery this Thursday. It was only $75 and is in great condition, off a 2018 600 (wrecked I suppose) but has no dings or rust. Even has the O2 sensor & exhaust valve still installed. Looks like some dirt on the cat, could be light rust, but the cat will be removed anyway when I have the 18mm O2 bung welded in place of the stock 12mm and add a mid-pipe & M4 exhaust. I'll eventually go with a full exhaust but this one is just for practice with tuning a modified exhaust. Eventually want to look at a Yoshimura or Akrapovic.

View attachment 293434
Hey bud, did you install your wideband O2 sensor yet? If you haven't, another option for you instead of using the 12mm to 18mm adapter is you can tap the stock bung to 18mm. Use a 16.5 mm drill bit & 18mm tap. There's tons of cheap mid pipes on ebay now.

I think the wrt tuning gear is the best out there now. I wish I had known about it before I got my tuning gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Hey bud, did you install your wideband O2 sensor yet? If you haven't, another option for you instead of using the 12mm to 18mm adapter is you can tap the stock bung to 18mm. Use a 16.5 mm drill bit & 18mm tap. There's tons of cheap mid pipes on ebay now.

I think the wrt tuning gear is the best out there now. I wish I had known about it before I got my tuning gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great idea but I'll let my local machine shop handle the tap for me. I've screwed up some threads before lol and yes I do have the O2 sensor installed on the adapter right now

·
Registered
567 Posts
Great idea but I'll let my local machine shop handle the tap for me. I've screwed up some threads before lol and yes I do have the O2 sensor installed on the adapter right now
If I were there I'd teach you.

Important thing when tapping is chip evacuation. Do 3 turns in then 1 turn out.

Use a good lube as recommended for the material. I THINK some kerosene or diesel should be fine. Apply liberally.

Getting a good tap will save you the headache of breaking a tap. Oh & go down straight & right angles.

Blow out & clean chips.

·
Registered
2020 suzuki gsxr600
41 Posts
I had my 08 liter flashed and maybe that's why I'm only getting less than 100 miles per tank. Average is maybe 60 miles per tank full.
60mpg is not acceptable to me. I wrench my own bikes and have been reading everything I can find on send away flashing. The conclusion I'm coming to is flashing primarily removes restrictive barriers set in the stock settings with a modest enrichment in areas of oem lean parameters. In the example of Roadrash08's example, for it to lower gas mileage to that extend should not be acceptable and I personally would not use that map. When I've wrenched Harleys, I've had good success using a Power Vision which allows you to Auto Tune a customer map according to the way the rider uses his or her bike. As of yet I cannot get DynoJet to respond to me as to whether a PV is available for a sport-bike.
My conclusion from all my research is to either go with a PCV ( most labor intensive option) or finding a PV model that'll work on SBs (my preference).
Before I sign-off, has anyone used or is using a Power Vision on their Sport-Bike and what model is it? Thanks

·
Registered
2020 suzuki gsxr600
41 Posts
I installed the power commander for my 04 750. The thing backfired like crazy. Messed around with the fueling & it was the close throttle deceleration. Removed the fuel from that & consumption was better. Depending on the gear different ratio can be used.

It's quite interesting actually & it takes alot of time. There's alot of information there.
I know its a couple months since you posted this but I've had quit a bit of PCV experience and found when the map I've installed on a Power Commander V causes backfire on closed throttle, moving, and shifting intervals increasing the fuel by 6% from 500-2500rpms it all but eliminates the popping. Its not necessary to discuss why and how just that increasing fuel in that throttle range solved the issue.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts