Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,596 Posts
Once I get my ECU flashed does adding a power commander v help any at all
Welcome.

That depends on the level of performance you are going for. The flash is just a base tune that is a "best guess" from the configuration of the bike. It can be much better than that if it is done in conjunction with a dyno.

The PowerCommander is just a piggy back system that you can use to fine tune in the field without having to flash the ECU.

Simple answer is that 95% of bikes will be just fine with a flash and no PC.

Reactions: Todd_Sails

·
Registered
465 Posts
The thing with the flash, if it's a send the map should be average good, depending on engine condition,climate and elevation fueling is affected.
With a ecm flash you can modify more values than just fuel.
The good thing with a pc you can use autotune set your target afr and work towards it.
The pc allows you do mods at a click, a flash on the other hand is reflash...work...flash work etc.
On the gixxers I normally mod fuel and ignition,most of the times I leave stva values as they are

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,231 Posts
Once I get my ECU flashed does adding a power commander v help any at all
Depending on the bike you have, you can do everything that the PC would do through the ECU. Newer model bikes have programmable ECUs. Take it from someone who has dealt with this, having less items that can break and ruin your riding for the day is a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts