Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a way to test ur ecu to see if its bad metal touched wire bike shut off will not start turns over but no start changed all relays fuses etc still nothin fuel pump does not prime but will when jumped HELP

·
Registered
191 Posts
what do you mean metal touched wire? explain. I would find a buddy to swap with you for a sec to see if thats the problem

·
Registered
18 Posts
my friend did something similar in his cbr and he fried his computer !!! he had to get a new one !! by the way , i like that flipper plate !!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
my friend did something similar in his cbr and he fried his computer !!! he had to get a new one !! by the way , i like that flipper plate !!!
haha thanks man go to flipaplate.com the dude is making them for cars too now! Im thinking the computer could be fried as well, but I would like to know exactly what happened before concluding. were you messing with it and tried to crank it or something whats the story?

·
Registered
106 Posts
haha thanks man go to flipaplate.com the dude is making them for cars too now! Im thinking the computer could be fried as well, but I would like to know exactly what happened before concluding. were you messing with it and tried to crank it or something whats the story?
Need to add a plate underneath so you can say 'it wasn't me'. James Bond style.

·
Registered
538 Posts
you most likely fried your ecm but it would help to know what wires were shorted. depending on the wires shorted it can be determined if the ecm has fried. a good way to find out is remove the ecm and check the pins for burning or smell the ecm for burnt circuit smell. i would say if you dont have any blown fuses or relays then your ecm is done as it doesnt take much.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i pulled the park lite out and the metal tips were exposed instead of tapen them up i stuck them under the fairing stay like a dummy i was ridin all day fine that night i hit a bump and i guess the tips touched the fairing stay and the headlight started flashin then the bike shut off now it wont start turns over but wont start

·
Registered
368 Posts
power (battery - cranking amps)
air (all around you)
fuel (in the tank)
spark (plugs and coils - if you have coils)

have you checked for spark? How are you "jumping" the bike? I hope not by a car with the car on because THAT is how you fry the ECU among other things.

Take out the fuse for your headlight and try to start your bike. If it starts - replace your battery.

If you turn the key and everything turns on and the fuel pump primes, but doesn't start - check your battery and check for spark.

If you turn the key and everything turns on but the fuel pump doesn't prime - turn ur bike off and connect your fuel pump directly to your battery - if it primes, ur fuel pump is fine. If not and your battery is good - check fuel pump relay and replace relay and pump if needed.

what year bike is it? fuel injected? If it's FI - when the red light on the tach comes on, you should be able to jump the dealer switch and check the error codes telling you where the problem is. Takes like 5 minutes.

·
Registered
67 Posts
when the red light on the tach comes on, you should be able to jump the dealer switch and check the error codes telling you where the problem is. Takes like 5 minutes.
I've never heard of this, can you explain it in more detail or is this procedure in the service manual. Where do you find out what the error codes mean?

Thanks

·
Registered
368 Posts
I've never heard of this, can you explain it in more detail or is this procedure in the service manual. Where do you find out what the error codes mean?

Thanks
i don't think the procedure is in the manual because it says you need the "special suzuki tool" that only dealers can get. :lol: just use a paper clip or peice of wire.

when the red light on the tach is on (it must be on when the dealer switch is jumped to retrieve the codes)

The dealer switch is located in the trunk or along the subframe depending on the bike you have (black/white plug with wires going in but none coming out - you can't miss it) there usually is a rubber cap on it. Inside is 2 connections...take a paper clip or a piece of wire and loop the connections then hit the starter on ur bike. The FI codes will pop up in the tach. Reference a FI code chart for your bike and fix the problem. The FI codes are bike specific for the most part. FI code chart? Google it or go to bugmanweb.com ENJOY all the fun things you can do with a GSXR :thumbup:

-C00 in the tach means there are no problems and your throttle position sensor is good. The dash mark identifies the position of your throttle. Too high or too low and your bike will run like crap. The TPS usually gets messed up after a crash, but not always. That dash should always be in the middle. You will also get -C00 if you do this test when the red light is NOT on. That light MUST be on.

You just saved yourself $120+ for a dealer to charge you to do an electrical diagnosis.

·
Banned
57 Posts
Have to agree..best thing is getting a code...He's got the link for you. ECU's are around 80 if it's that...unless you go with an empro..Then $$$

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks so much. Lean With Me, thats invaluable information :thumbup: Thanks for sharing that with us.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Have to agree..best thing is getting a code...He's got the link for you. ECU's are around 80 if it's that...unless you go with an empro..Then $$$
hey are you the guy parting out Matt Mladin's SS bike?

Thanks so much. Lean With Me , thats invaluable information :thumbup: Thanks for sharing that with us.
Lean With It :cool: no problems man - glad it helped.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2007 gsxr 600 ECU

I'm having kind of the same problem but my ECU is not getting power but the ignition is with accessory.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quick question lost all power in middle of riding my bike made a right hand turn and lost all power then I see red wire from ignition was kinda cut so thought I pulled wire out of ignition so was trying to bypass ignition couldn't get it to work so sent a wire from batt. To test the wires headlights tuned on then off now w onto turn back on did same to get speedometer to turn on it did once and now won't Turn on blew fuses changed them now nothing help

·
Super Moderator
8,884 Posts
Quick question lost all power in middle of riding my bike made a right hand turn and lost all power then I see red wire from ignition was kinda cut so thought I pulled wire out of ignition so was trying to bypass ignition couldn't get it to work so sent a wire from batt. To test the wires headlights tuned on then off now w onto turn back on did same to get speedometer to turn on it did once and now won't Turn on blew fuses changed them now nothing help
Welcome.

If you would like some some help, please start a new thread with your specific problem. Also, make a better effort explaining what the problem is and what you've done so far.

Your post is pretty much gibberish to me.

Also, post an intro, with pics of our bike, in the "new riders and members" section when you get a chance.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts