Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
So Suzuki did not put a speed limiter on the 08 600? If there was i know the 600 would never reach it. You sure there isnt one but just set at a speed the 600 cant reach?
whats the top speed you have already reached that you want to go faster?? on my k8 600 i got my speedo to say 177MPH at 16k RMP without going into redline at all.

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
So Suzuki did not put a speed limiter on the 08 600? If there was i know the 600 would never reach it. You sure there isnt one but just set at a speed the 600 cant reach?
I'm pretty sure there is no physical speed limiter on the 600 and 750. And the speed limiter on the 1000 (186 mph) is only active in sixth gear anyway, for whatever reason. This is why a TRE mod for a 1000 tricks the ECU in to thinking the bike is in 5th gear, vs. 6th for a 600 or 750.

Suzuki puts an easily disabled speed limiter on the 1000 so it can meet street legal requirements for sale in the U.S. and Europe, without limiting its track potential. But your point is well taken - if it were present, a 600 would never be able to reach it. Top speed for a stock 600 is roughly 165 mph.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.