Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
08 GSXR-600

I'll try and describe this as best as I can.

When I first start the bike everything seems fine. I let it engine warm up for a little bit before riding out. Whilst riding, when I pull on the clutch, there's a delay between the engine and throttle. Almost like the bike stopped running for a split second before coming back on. And as I'm riding, I noticed that the engine 'hiccups' when pulling on the throttle. The engine pauses about three times with a split second in between each pause before the bike starts running again.

The only way I've ever managed to treat this issue is, by turning the engine off and then back on. It always works, but you can imagine how much of a pain it is to always have to do it. Note: If I do a poor warm up, once I'm on the road and engage the clutch, the engine will shut off on me. P.S. If you tell me to 'scare' my bike, log out.

Tried
  • Sea Foam
  • New Battery
  • New Ignition Switch

Possible Cause
  • Loose Coil Connector
  • TB Shaft

·
Super Moderator
10,381 Posts
Welcome.

This is a guess, but a sidestand that is not coming up all the way and holding the safety switch tightly can cause issues like this. What happens is when you accelerate or hit a bump, the switch opens momentarily and the engine shuts off for a few beats.

Try putting some oil on the sides stand pivot bolt and make sure the stand snaps up in place.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A reasonable guess. But explain why the problem doesn't persist after I shut the engine off. It's highly unlikely that this has something to do with the sidestand. Considering there's a reasonable click and secure placing for the sidestand to stay in place.

·
Super Moderator
10,381 Posts
A reasonable guess. But explain why the problem doesn't persist after I shut the engine off. It's highly unlikely that this has something to do with the sidestand. Considering there's a reasonable click and secure placing for the sidestand to stay in place.
If you know better, let us know when you get it fixed. Carry on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you know better, let us know when you get it fixed. Carry on.
Why, sir. I can't help feeling a slight arrogant tone in that message. Never did I claim your guess to be wrong and am seeking help. Your suggestion was plausible and will be taken into consideration. I asked for you to explain why the problem doesn't persist after I shut the engine off. But that was your response? If all moderators act this way, I apologize for wasting my time in creating an account to seek help from GSX-R's reputable staff members.

·
Super Moderator
10,381 Posts
Why, sir. I can't help feeling a slight arrogant tone in that message. Never did I claim your guess to be wrong and am seeking help. Your suggestion was plausible and will be taken into consideration. I asked for you to explain why the problem doesn't persist after I shut the engine off. But that was your response? If all moderators act this way, I apologize for wasting my time in creating an account to seek help from GSX-R's reputable staff members.
My apologies if my response came off pithy. "It's highly unlikely that this has something to do with the sidestand." led me to assume my suggestion was dismissed out of hand. No problem, I've been wrong before.

Please don't assume all moderators are the same, that would be childish.

The side stand and safety switch caused similar erratic problems on my personal bike and if you search here, you will find many posts with similar issues tracked to a sticky side stand, missing side stand springs and faulty switches.

I am truly interested in what you determine is wrong with your bike and what the fix is.

Reactions: Todd_Sails

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Allow me to apologize as well for a misunderstanding. Of course, a staff is a team. They all share gains and losses. But it's comprehensible. Even if you thought I assumed.

I should be able to determine the cause after ordering the parts and installing them. So, I'll hope for the best.

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
08 GSXR-600

I'll try and describe this as best as I can.

When I first start the bike everything seems fine. I let it engine warm up for a little bit before riding out. Whilst riding, when I pull on the clutch, there's a delay between the engine and throttle. Almost like the bike stopped running for a split second before coming back on. And as I'm riding, I noticed that the engine 'hiccups' when pulling on the throttle. The engine pauses about three times with a split second in between each pause before the bike starts running again.

The only way I've ever managed to treat this issue is, by turning the engine off and then back on. It always works, but you can imagine how much of a pain it is to always have to do it. Note: If I do a poor warm up, once I'm on the road and engage the clutch, the engine will shut off on me. P.S. If you tell me to 'scare' my bike, log out.

Tried
  • Sea Foam
  • New Battery
  • New Ignition Switch

Possible Cause
  • Loose Coil Connector
  • TB Shaft
By 'pull' the throttle, I'm assuming you mean to twist the grip, giving it more throttle?

This seems to happen when you pull in the clutch? If you're not shifting, using the clutch, etc., does it still happen?

On your list of possible causes, just what are you referring to by the 'TB shaft'? Is that a list out of the service manual?

Is this bike regularly ridden and maintaned properly- as in not left for months with the gas in the tank, etc.?

I don't know 08 600's well, they had Fuel injection by that year, right?

Have you tried putting it in dealers mode to check for any codes?

As John has said, sometimes a sticking sensor on the kickstand could be the problem as well.

* Edit- I've actually had it cause minor problems on my K5 1000.
I spray the bolt/now spring w/ silicone spray, takes are of it. It gets sticky.
I've put the kickstand up and had the check light come on, only to realize the kickstand 'stuck' a little before all the way up.

I feel we need a little more clarification ot the ?'s K asked at the top of my post would help to narrow this down.

OH yeah, what are you going to replace next in the hopes it fixes it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts