Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a website I can get engine info. with just the serial number.....I've googled numerous lookup sites with no luck....engine is a 80's GSX-R750 ser# R705------

·
SuperMod of the North
26,540 Posts
Welcome Sir. That would be an '85 to '87 from what I see on the the Suzuki Technical site.

Make an into thread for yourself and post pics of the beastie Eh?.

·
Registered
388 Posts
^I was unaware of that site. He has a lot of interesting info but seems to be stuck in the 1980-1990's. Too bad he couldn't add another 10 or more years to that.

·
SuperMod of the North
26,540 Posts
Agreed Bill. It provides new material for me, particularly as a guy who is building a bike from the '80s.. The guys with 40 years in the sport won't find much there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the Tech site, Tinsnips.......lots of helpful info there......one more thing.....my engine was likely purchased ( I'm guessing)... directly from Suzuki as there is no bike vin.# associated with it....the engine was put in a Formula 4 race car chassis by a Canadian race car builder sometime between 1985 and 1987 ......without a logbook, its difficult to nail down its precise history

·
SuperMod of the North
26,540 Posts
Very cool! There are other sites that was just the first to come to mind. You may also find some information in the shop manuals for those years. I would think the higher the number after the hyphen the later the build. My 89 1100 engine is a little over 100,000.
Adding up the total made for each year off Wikipedia may give some minimum year for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts