Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need help did the swap and now the RPM over 9000 it seem like the rev limter is kicking in and the swap was done in a shop and thay have know idea ether nice hey :shifty

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Well...was the replacement motor confirmed to be good before you installed it? Was it installed correctly?

It sounds like a secondary throttle issue, are the throttlebodies new too?

Maybe an adjustment is needed on the tps and stps, and try syncing the throttlebodies. Check that the stcu is plugged in too, it should be on the left side under the rear cowl.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry not up on all the terms what are tps stps and stcu and i dont think thay change the throttlebodies and as for the motor im not sure i was over seas in ass crack a stan lol and thank for the help

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
It's hard to diagnose without all the info:headscrat

Do you have any updates from the shop as to what/how they've been troubleshooting?

I'm almost positive that there wasn't any major changes between the two model years, perhaps something didn't get connected properly or maybe the techs are retarded (very possible :lol:)

For them to say they don't know kind of sounds like they A- don't know what they're doing, B- can't troubleshoot for shit, or C- sold you a bad motor and now they're playing dumb. Ask them if it's popping any codes, if the secondary throttle system is functioning properly, if the neutral safety switch is connected and if gear position sensor is working.

If you said it feels like the limiter is kicking in at 9k, maybe it's stuck in the neutral map or the secondary throttle valve isn't opening?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thank for all the help i ask all the last ? you gave me and he said that he look at all that stuff so now he has sent the problem to the head suzuki in canada and if thay cant figer it out he is going to fix my old motor and putthat back in or i might go for an 08 1000 what do you think new or go with the old motor how relieable rebuilt motors ???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.